Thursday, December 1, 2011

Good Eyes Libby

Photobucket
When I was growing up we used to tease my Mother for staying up till the wee hours of the morning doing house work.  Now that I am the mother in this house I totally understand.  There is precious little time that I have uninterrupted to just sort out the happenings of our lives.  It is very late again, and I just crawled into bed.  My lap top was waiting for me by my pillow since my love is far, far away saving the world one kettle chip at a time. So here I am being ever so efficient on my posting.
Photobucket
I actually had a whole other completely Christmassy post already written, but a course of events that occurred today is taking December 2nd in a whole other direction.  It was a seemingly normal day for us, we played, I folded laundry, Libs ignored me when I told her to put her shoes on ....
Photobucket
To be honest, I'm just trying to make my pictures relevant to this post.  What I really want to say is that there was a bird in my house today!
I had just fought off a rather large spider that had in come from the cold I suspect, when my Little said "Mommy, there is someping in here."  The words "it's just a spider" were just about to leave my lips when I looked up and there perched on our ceiling fan was a little bird.  How in the world did a bird get in my house?  I'm guessing he flew, but why did he fly into my house?  I chased him from room to room with my camera so that I would have proof that these crazy things only happen when Kev is out of town.  I took inventory of the wild life that I have encountered in our home while  he has been away.  In his absence I have crossed paths with a dead rabbit, several live frogs, a chipmunk, some deceased moles, and now a live bird.
Photobucket
He held still long enough for one picture on my kitchen sink before finding shelter in our Christmas tree.  Had I gotten a picture of him there you would have never believed that he was real....he looked like a little bird ornament.  He eventually flew out of the open door to his relief and mine, but not without me yelling "Libby, hit the deck" several times while covering my head like we were under attack.  Libby was still talking about it when her heavy eyes closed tonight.  When we spot deer on the side of the road, I always say something like, "man, Mama has good eyes."  After the bird flew out and we were calling friends to regale our tale Libby said "I have good eyes Mama."  I told her she was right.
Photobucket
Photobucket

And b/c this post is not Christmassy, even though it was meant to be, here is a picture of some lights and ornaments.
Photobucket
Jingles and Trinkles
CJ
xxx

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Libby does have "good eyes" and they are beautiful eyes.
I wish I could have seen you both when you were "under attack" from a tiny little bird! I hope he escaped before he left any reminders of his visit!