Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mountain I


Photobucket
I miss my husband.
I really love that this is his idea of a trail.
If you were there in this photo with us you would be able to hear me saying "Libby, don't touch that leaf, I'm sure that it is poison ivy"  I said that about every leaf I saw. I can be obsessive about things I'm nervous about like sharks, enrolling my daughter in pre-school, and poison ivy for example.
Photobucket

The Little got fed up with the trail and decided that my back was a better place to blaze Daddy's path.

Photobucket
I had big plans for this blog this week, but somehow it is Thursday and I haven't posted a thing.  I have approximently 1.8 million photos from our fall vacation this year...but a girl's got to prioritize. Single parenting leaves me with little to no alone time.  I've been choosing sleep during my alone time, and when I say sleep, I mean lying awake wondering where my husband's been the last month.
Let me give you a rough idea of his schedule lately:
3-4 weeks ago Kev goes to LA for two days
He comes home drives to DC to pick up his Mum
Following day we all go to Neverland
Next day Kev goes back to LA for a week
Jumps on the red eye and we all pack up for 5 days of relaxing in the country
(Note the picture of Mommy finally relaxing)
Photobucket
5 days later, we all drive home
The following day Kev drives his Mum back to DC arrives home at 11:30 pm and leaves the next morning at 6:00am for KT
He stays there until Saturday and arrives home at 11:00pm
Sunday morning he leaves the house at 6:00 am to run the Tough Mudder (do not leave this post until you click here to see this picture of him running through live wires...Why would anyone pay to do that?)
He arrives back at Case de Jones at 8:30 pm mumbled a few words that sound something "I'm not 20 anymore" and went to bed only to depart our homestead again 5:30 am the next morning.
Currently, he is still away and I feel like doing this
Photobucket
Strangely, I kind of love these pictures of Libby...they feel very authentic
I'd like to go back to the mountains when I was sitting on my mountain deck, while my children and husband and mother-in-law and friend were frolicking around me while I sipped coffee and thought about pretty things.
Photobucket

Photobucket

One of these days my husband will get to come. Hopefully,  I'll get to post about the rest of our mountain trip before I forget all the fun we had.

Photobucket
Until then, here's one more picture of my family together to prove that it does happen sometimes.
Photobucket
Here's to Kev! I miss him and missing him is worth a post full of whining.
Sorry about that, I promise to be more chipper in my next post...will that statement be more believable if I end the sentence with an exclamation point and a smiley?  Like this!:)
Grace and peace

5 comments:

Jill said...

I miss you all. The pictures of Libs crying made me laugh. That little loves the dramatics of it all. I can't wait to snuggle them on Thanksgiving.

Erin said...

I was seriously dying laughing at the pics of Libs crying. Holy moly - funny stuff. I loved this post. I mean, I don't love that Kev has been gone. I know it's been HARD... hang in there mama!!! I want to Skype VERY VERY soon. Miss you!
PS - the abbreviation for kentucky is KY.

Jenn said...

Car,

I loved looking at all the new pictures...how beautiful (the Jones family AND the scenery)!!! I'm so glad you got some time with your hubby and hopefully he'll stay home a little more in the weeks to come! We love you four.
Jenn

Jan said...

Just wanted to say I miss you... this is the time of year I look forward to your visit... so sad that it is not going to be happening this year!!!!!

Melanie said...

way to go Kev! Tough Mudder Rocks!