Thursday, October 20, 2011

Blue Skies and Sunshine

Photobucket
I often walk around and think  really poetic thoughts about blue skies and sunshine and then I think, I'm going to blog about this later- it would make a great story.  Then something happens, and something else happens, and by the time later comes around  I can't remember what I was going to say about blue skies and sunshine.
Photobucket
I'm sure that on this day that Kev's mom and I took the girls to do a corn maze, I had some of those thoughts but seeing that it was two weeks ago now, I have no idea what they were.
Photobucket
I know the sun was out and I know the sky was blue.  I also know that for October it was unseasonably warm.  I know that a lady bug landed on Libby and Maggie and Grandma caught the sun on their cheeks.  I also know and think that perhaps we'll wait for both girls to have the ability to run before we do a corn maze again...not sure even the Little understood the point.  If nothing else, it was good use of energy for everyone involved.
Photobucket
This past week has been good for me. I was still pining for summer probably up to Libby's party...So besides the corn maze, I bought a couple of more pumpkins (I decorated the living room with them and the Little hides them behind the TV every day), finally made my pumpkin cookies(actually Grandma and Libby made the cookies), and we went on our annual mountain trip(I'll blog about that later). So now, I officially feel like autumn is here...well, all that and it finally is not 80 degrees outside and the leaves are starting to trickle of the trees.
Photobucket
Alledgely, there were four monsters hidden in this maze. We walked, and walked, and walked and only found three. I  heard about a family getting lost in a corn maze and actually calling 911 for help. If I had thought of this I may have tried it. If Kev had been with us, he would used the GPS on his phone.
Photobucket
Speaking of phones, did I mention that I have a new phone? Did I mention that technology hates me? After 2 years of muting all of you with my face while chatting, Kev decided I needed an upgrade so he got me a "smart" phone. My "smart" phone pretty much just makes me feel dumb every time I use it... I'm losing my smarts as I type and it is all b/c of my new smart phone that could probably, all by itself, call all the people I'm friends with on Facebook, create a detailed grocery list for me and navigate me from here to Dollywood, if I could only figure out how it works. Oh, and figure out how to not hang up on everyone that calls me.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sorry about that digression from fall stuff, but part of my fall has been trying to figure out that stinkin' phone.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
One of these days, when I have one of those blue sky moments, I'm actually going to write the things I'm thinking about when I take a picture like this one...
Photobucket
I'm sure it had something to do with fall or yellow things, or something artsy like that, but until then ignore these useless words and enjoy the pictures of my little autum girls having enchanting autum days...
Photobucket
Pictures are better than words anyway...
Grace and Peace
xxx

3 comments:

Jill said...

I miss my girls. Thanksgiving is too far away.

Amanda said...

Maggie just keeps getting cuter and cuter.

Jan said...

Loved the pictures, especially the one where Libs and Maggie are holding hands... so cute.