Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Living Room Swing

Photobucket

Libby said, "Dance with me Daddy!  C'mon you have to spin and spin"
Photobucket

This was followed by a "Dance with me Daddy," every time he even looked remotely close to slowing down.
Photobucket
Best moment of my week by far, except for when she looked at Maggie fussing and with a true to form Mommy face, said "Maggie, no fuss-a-fuss, no fuss-a-fuss-a-fuss."
Followed by uncontrolled giggling from both of my girls.
Photobucket

Photobucket

It's good to be 33.  That is the age that I turned this week.
Being 33 is better than 23 b/c at 23 he lived there and I lived here.
Photobucket

At 23 they were what I hoped for one day and at 33 they are my everyday.
Photobucket
At 23 I thought about myself a lot more, at 33 I really want to serve others more.

Photobucket
At 23 I'm sure I went to a bar with friends to celebrate and at 33 I went to Cracker Barrel with my little family...and yes, that is much, much better b/c I'm sure that bar didn't serve biscuits and corn bread.
Photobucket
It's good to be 33.
Happy Saturday
Grace and Peace
xxx

9 comments:

TeamWhitehead06 said...

Maaaaan! After you left on Thursday, I thought to myself "hey isn't Carlys birthday coming up?!" Sorry woman, Happy Birthday!!!

Lisa said...

"At 23 they were what I hoped for one day and at 33 they are my everyday." Friend, you should go ahead and copyright that statement you made...that speaks to the very depths of every mommy. And isn't it amazing that the things we imagined at 23 are NOTHING compared to the blessings at 33?! (Okay, or for me a mere 30 :) Hehe. Happy Birthday. We will be in D.C. Sept 7-10 if we can figure out a time to get together?

Amanda said...

I love this post! I second everything Lisa said.

And I love your Chevron pillows. Did you make them?

Jenn said...

Hey Car,
What a precious, precious post of Kevin and the girls...and, YES, it IS better to be 33 than 23! How blessed are we!
I love you, my friend.
Jenn

Abigail said...

Happy birthday!

I love this post-- the simply purity of papa/daughter love and the wise reflections on what a decade brings (so true).

May the next decade be ever upward!

Jan said...

Looks like almost as much fun as the "Kitchen Rock!" Very cute!

MommyB said...

The girls are getting so big!! Hoep you are doing well!!

Becky said...

How is your house so clean?

Trevor said...

Great blog - but feels like a long time ago... a certain grandparent are not getting their prescribed fix!