Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Make A List

Photobucket
Kev is a list maker.  He likes the satisfaction of crossing things off the list when he gets them done.  I have never been a list kind of girl.  I make them in my head and then forget about them. It's really not a good practice to get into.  I suggest being more like Kev.
Last week, I kept catching moments that were so blog worthy.  I would think to myself..."I need to blog about this so I don't forget how great it was."  My mental list is lost in the fog of my brain and I'm not exactly sure I remember what they were.  However, I'm going to sift through the fog and try b/c  I know I'll want them to know these things one day. 
Photobucket
So here goes...
1.  Friday, I felt like I got hit by a truck.  I told Libby that I needed her to be a big helper b/c Mommy wasn't feeling well. She said "You's not feel good Mama?  You need a band-aid?  Here, I'll go get it."  She stuck it to my shirt, and you know, I did feel a little better.
Photobucket
2.  Sunday night I was rocking Maggie to sleeping and I could feel her breath on my neck and I felt so lucky to be her Mom.  Her little head was tucked perfectly under my chin and it made me want to stay there all night.
Photobucket
3.  Both girls have been waking up in the early-EARLY morning and coming to sleep in our bed.  I have mixed feeling about this.  I looked down through bleary eyes yesterday morning and saw the Little with her arms wrapped around the Littlest and right when I thought I was going to call these early-EARLY morning sleepovers off, I let it slide b/c I know one day it'll just be me and Kev all by ourselves again.
Photobucket
4.  The sun goes down late.  It takes it's time and makes our street look pretty.  I like the way it kisses the trees in our backyard...my sloppy picture doesn't do it justice.
Photobucket

Photobucket

5.  I took Maggie to her 6 month check up today.  She is 16 lbs and some change.  She is 25 inches long. 
Photobucket
She crawled, proper crawled not just a scoot, all the way down the upstairs hallway yesterday. When I checked on her during naptime she was half way to standing up in her crib. We lowered her mattress last night.  It made me sad.  Kev saw my face when I left the nursury and hugged me b/c he knows that things like lowering crib mattress reminds me that I'm one step closer to shipping them off to college.
Photobucket
I'm ridiculous, I know this.  I don't know why I continue to be surprised at how fast my babies grow, but I am.  I want them to grow, saying I don't want them to is silly...but seriously, it hurts sometimes.  The kind of hurt of hurt that takes your breath away b/c it's beautifully painful watching them grow.
Sigh.
Wipe a tear.
Blow my nose.
Moving on.
Photobucket
For the record this is same dress that Libby wore to her 6 month check up. I remembered at the last moment this morning and dressed Maggie in it just because.
Now I can refer to it as the 6 month check up dress.
Photobucket

6. Kev is really good at almost all sports...basketball may or may not be one of them.  It doesn't bother Libby...she thinks he is perfect at everything, no matter how many shots it takes to get one basket!
Photobucket
Photobucket
She was so proud of him.
Photobucket

On my list for this week is
1. Write my list down
2. Take pictures that are not blury
3. Take pictures in general
4. Go to bed before midnight
5.  Blog more
etc., etc, etc...

Grace and Peace
xoxo

5 comments:

Jan said...

Lists are great.. it is fun to see things get checked of and have that feeling of accomplishment. By the way, I check every day to see if you have blogged anything new. I especially enjoy all the pictures of the girls and of course Kev.

Love, love the pillows, they look like something from "Country Living". Great choice of fabric!

Sandra said...

I also check the blog every day for new entries and more pictures of my beautiful granddaughters.

I love the one of Maggie sat on the sofa showing off the rolls of fat on her thighs! Sorry I didn't phone to see how Maggie got on at her 6 month check up.

Sandra said...

I also wanted to say that you should make sure item 5 on your list gets crosse off because it has been accomplished!

Laura said...

I adore how excited Libs is in the first pic of her daddy shooting the basketball!
Precious!

Amanda said...

I love your throw pillows!

I love the pics of Maggie and Libby. I got a little teary.

That is a big dog.

I just told Erin about Evernote. You should try it. :) I used to be a habitual list maker and I am actually trying to give it up, but Evernote makes sense of the lists for me and keeps them safe. It's an app for the computer and phone. Very handy.