Sunday, June 19, 2011

Recap

Sometimes when I write on this blog I listen to music...it somehow makes the words flow smoother and adds a soundtrack to whatever life story I happen to be telling.  So, if I were adding a soundtrack to this post it would be  "Lean On Me," or something even a little more cringe worthy like "Friends Are Friends Forever," does anyone else even know that song besides me?  B/c in my head as I type, I am belting out Micheal W. Smith's best friend anthem! (I just googled it, and am now listening to it..."a friends a friend forever, if the Lord the Lord of them!)
Photobucket
Anyway, 2 weeks ago the new house had it's first out of town guests.  It was perfect to spend a week watching my bff and her mama loving on my kids.  Libs is a huge Laura fan, and I can not express to you in words how she pronounces Jan's name...somehow she adds a extra syllable and it sounds something like  Ja-yan.  So all last week I had to answer "Where's Ja-yan Mama?," "She went back to FL Libs," "Did Grandad go back to FL?," "No, Libs Grandad is at his house," "but where is Jayan?"...read, repeat conversation...all week long.
Photobucket
In case you don't know Laura, she is this girl I started laughing with 7 years ago and haven't stopped yet.  I call her or she calls me most days, and when she doesn't I put her on the list, and trust me you don't want to be on my list.  She's my person I call when I trip in public and she laughs with me...If you don't have a person I strongly recommend getting one.
I love her.
I love her mom too. 
I wish we could have kept them longer.
Photobucket
Here's to visits from old friends, may we laugh to we're old and grey!

Grace and Peace friends
xxx

4 comments:

Laura said...

I miss you, friend, and I forgive you for posting that 1st pic.

Erin said...

I love this post - such a sweet time I know you guys had! :) Yay! Love the pics Laura took of you and Lib too! :)

Jan said...

It was a great visit!!! Loved every minute of it... and the cupcakes weren't bad either...definitely worth the drive!

Sandra said...

Just a thought - don't your parents count as guests?
So pleased you all enjoyed your time with Laura and her Mum and those cup cakes looked delicious - did any of you make them?