Tuesday, June 14, 2011

One Favorite Day

One day, 10 years ago I met Kev.  We had lunch together for a week, then he kissed me in New Orleans standing outside a court yard in the French Quarter.
He told me I was lovely.
When he left to go home, it took my breath away, and I just knew.
I never looked back.
Photobucket

One day, 5 months later, I was on a plane to England by myself to visit a boy I had eaten lunch with several times.
I was sure that I loved him.
He took me to this place and told me that if he ever asked a girl to marry him, it would be somewhere like this.
Photobucket

One day, three years later, he told me he loved me and asked me to marry him, in a place just like he said he would.
Photobucket
Photobucket

One day, 6 years ago, while the hot June sun set behind us, and those we hold most dear looked on, we got married. It was one of my favorite days of all time. I smiled all day and danced all night. It was perfect for us.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

One day, 2 years and 8 months ago, he became a father of a baby girl.
Photobucket

and one day, 5 months ago, it happened again.
Photobucket

Ten years full of some my most favorite days.
Happy Birthday Babe,
and while I'm at it, Happy Anniversary and Happy Father's Day too...all of his special days happen at once!

Grace and Peace my Love, and lots and lots of favorite days!

4 comments:

Erin said...

LOVED this. Why am I crying? Such precious memories for you two. What a special hubby God has given to you! :)

Jill said...

I'm not even fully awake yet and I'm crying. I'm so thankful that Cousin Kev is part of all of our lives and for giving me the two most precious little girls to snuggle with and love. Happy "all-good-things-in-life" day, Kev! xoxo

Cindy said...

Love this! Such great photos - you guys make such a beautiful couple (and family). Happy Anniversary, Birthday and Father's Day!

Cindy

Andrea said...

Aww lovely lovely.