Saturday, May 7, 2011

Stop Everything, Take A Picture, Just Because It's Beautiful

Photobucket
The weather has been too beautiful to ignore this week.  I can't tell you what day I took these pictures.  I can tell you that I should have been doing something else...like PACKING!  I was trying to catch the Little, but she kept running the other direction, singing a song that went like this....
"I'm running,
I'm run-ning,
I'm RU-UNN-ING!"
Photobucket
When I did catch her, here is the conversation we had...
Photobucket
Me: "Libby, do you see your balloon in the sky"
Photobucket
Libby: "No. I see a sheep"
Photobucket
In my head: "My daughter is a creative genius, she relates that clouds are fluffy like sheep.  She is brilliant"
Then I realized that there was not a cloud in the sky, then she said..
Photobucket
"and I see tigers,
Photobucket
and bee-ars, and Trouby (the cat), and Dussy Boy (the dog)Photobucket
"Mommy, do ya see um?  Ya see um, Mama?"
Photobucket
 The way that she dances through life is contagious at times. When she plays it just makes me want to abandon all my grown up responsibilities and come with her.  So, sometimes I do.
I was chasing her through the back yard, when I looked back at our picnic blanket to find this little Littlest enjoying the fresh air.
Photobucket
Then she caught me looking and started smiling.
Photobucket
This is one of the things I love most about Maggie...all you have to do is smile at her, and she smiles right back.
Photobucket
Someone reminds at least once a day that she looks just like her father and nothing like me, but I am happy to report that she learned the face below from me...If you are bored with life do some research on this blog and you're sure to find a picture of me making exactly the same face.
Photobucket
Somehow she turned 4 months old today.  I don't know how this happened...Did I say this last month or the month before that?  Will I say every month till she turns one? Probably.  Will I continue to say it each year for the rest of her life?  Probably.
She found her feet somewhere between painting our kitchen cabinets white and buying a new refrigerator.  She loves them and I love watching her grab them. It is one of the best things about babies.  She also has a serious relationship with several of her stuffed anmials, particularly the giraffe that hangs on her car seat and the puppy on her play mat.   
Photobucket
She and I got to spend several hours together today, just the two of us. Libby and her Daddy had some much needed time together while we ran errands.  With only her smile and chubby legs, she managed to charm the entire makeup section of Nordstrom's.  One woman actually said she wanted to eat her and another woman did a dance for her right there in the middle of everything...Call me crazy, but it was a little weird to hear someone say that they wanted to eat my baby, but at the same time, I totally get it.
Photobucket
 I am out of words, and it is late, so I'm wrapping things up. Let me encourage you...if you see something beautiful today, like flowers, or a little girl running and spinning, or a baby grabbing her toes, stop and take a picture of it.  It is a much better use of your time than PACKING.
Photobucket
Maybe I should be PACKING instead of writing this blog....
Hmmmmm.
Maybe I'll go to bed and PACK tomorow.
Grace and Peace
xoxo

2 comments:

Jill said...

I too, could munch on some Maggie. And I just love Libby's sweet stories.

Sandra said...

I can just see you chasing Libby around while she sings her "Running" song - and I love Maggies beaming smile - so much better than the frowns (or should I say thoughtful looks?)