Monday, May 2, 2011

Dearest Blog

If I ever were to come back and write on you I would tell you that we bought a house, this house
Photobucket

We have not moved in b/c the kitchen looked like this before,
Photobucket

and we  are in the process of creating an after photo that is taking forever.  Therefore, I am neglecting you, and the laundry, and the grocery list, and the children.  However, I have made some very good friends at Home Depot.  They love my children and give the Little a balloon on almost every visit. The house renovations are taking over our lives, but we would like to finish them while the house is empty... Do house renovations ever really end though?
Photobucket

Also dear blog, I would tell you that one afternoon Libby got dressed up b/c Daddy was coming home from work...she even asked me to fix her hair.  I think I taught her this b/c I get dressed up when Daddy comes from work.  I don't often put on a princess dress, but once I heard a fine Christian lady speak about her mother in the 1950's always putting on red lipstick and heals right before her husband came home from work and I've been fixing my hair around 4:30 ever since....
Photobucket
Here's the play by play...we love when Daddy gets home
Photobucket
In other news, the Littlest was laying in the middle of her new bedroom while I was painting it the other day when we heard a thump. I turned around to find her on her tummy, then moments later she was on her back again. Milestone documented, baby knows how to roll over.
Photobucket

I have officially stopped fighting my inner demons over not being productive in the morning. I am not a morning person, and subsequently neither are my children. I have come to a place, where I think that I  am okay with this.
Photobucket

The Little and I are cranky for a good 30 minutes and the Littlest will often fall right back to sleep after we get up.  We have to have to linger over coffee and pj's before we can face the world.
Photobucket
I am not productive in the morning, and have come to realize that I need to stop feeling guilty about it. I get a lot more done in the afternoon and evening and if I say it enough times, I think  I will believe it.
Photobucket
Photobucket

We took a break from house renovations for Easter and went to Babs and G-Dads.  We also went on about 1 million egg hunts prior to Easter, so we have about  a trillion plastic eggs floating around our house.

Photobucket
At this egg hunt, all the children went to the right and Libby went left.  She had half a yard full of eggs all to herself.  I encouraged her to give some away, b/c goodness knows no child needs 40 plastic eggs all to themselves...I guarantee that we have more that 40!
Photobucket
Here she is at Babs and G-Dads looking for yet more eggs.
Photobucket
This was Maggie's extent of looking...however, look at those fine motors coming along.
Photobucket
This Easter we learned that too much sugar turns the Little into something that resembles a gremlin and we are fairly certain that  we would rather have our rosy girl as opposed to a gremlin, so we are cutting her sugar intake WAY back.  I can't believe the difference it makes.  It actually amazes me, gremlin be gone!
Photobucket
We also learned that the Littlest looks delicious in a bonnet (which I know I mentioned in my last post, but thought that she looked cute enough to bring it up again)
Photobucket
or a tu-tu...my, oh my, we are frilly round these parts....
Photobucket
I also learned that until I decide to exercise my way back to my old figure, I should face forwards for pictures.
Photobucket
So dear blog, I wish that my words were more creative.  I wish I wrote on you more than once a week.  I wish my life would go slower so that I could  appreciate each moment I spend with these sweetlings. That is why have you though, so that I can remember that when they were little, the light danced off their pretty blue eyes, and that my heart skipped a beat every time I saw their sweet faces together.
Photobucket
We should be moved in by the end of the month and I will resume normal life and normal posting again. This is going to be a long May.
Until then...Goodnight little blog.

Grace and Peace and my sincerest apologies for any typos like last post (I hope you had a great Eater Sunday.  If you ever wonder why this blog is riddled with typos, please know that I write them at midnight after long days of wrangling two little girls and a dog that resembles a yetti. )

xoxo

8 comments:

Griffen said...

love love LOVE your new house! Hongera Sana (Congratulations!)

Jill said...

I LOVE every bit about this post. Libs in her "Daddy formal wear" is too precious for words and I see Mags is working on her "Oh" face (still don't know where that comes from ;) ). Love you guys.

Erin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new house!!!!!! Seriously love it. Love that you captured LIbs running to Daddy when he gets home. I am so glad the cutting back on sugar is going well - def don't want Libs turning into a Gremlin! Ha! AND, I, for one, think you look awesome!

Amy White said...

Love seeing pics of the house...can't wait to see more! :) And by the way of course, love the pics of the girls, and you too. Your dress looks so pretty. Plus, I agree with Erin, I think you look great. <3 Also, cracking up at the end of the blog. Thanks for making me laugh Sister!!!

Cindy said...

Love your new house! We did renovations for about a month before we moved into our house - smart idea! It's harder to paint and do work when you have to maneuver around furniture. And I'm also not a morning person. . .one of the reasons I love homeschooling, because I don't have to get up early to get everyone out the door for school :)

Cindy

Unknown said...

Your new house is beautiful! I am very excited for you! Can't wait until I get the opportunity to come see you! Your girls are so sweet; I am glad that you get to stay home and enjoy them. I am not a morning person either, but unfortunately, my kids are! Love and Hugs!

Jennifer said...

Ugh! last post was from me not Jordan!

Beth K said...

Yay for new houses and funny blog posts! I wish I could hired you to write and post on my own blog! :)

Why don't we plan a day this month for you to bring Libs and Mags over for the day so you and Kev can work on the house uninterrupted? The boys and I (okay, maybe just me) would love to watch Tangled with Libby! I'll email you dates that I'd be free to watch them!