Friday, May 13, 2011

Life Change

Moving houses is adding fine lines to my face and by fine, I mean wrinkles, not something that is "fine" as in attractive.
I don't want to negate my thankfulness for a home to call our own, but I am desperate to live in one place, not two, and have a schedule and a routine again.
Photobucket
Do you ever look at the background of my pictures,especially lately?  My house is a train wreck...I need to move.  Did I mention that?
I was determined to give them normal this week, as much as possible.  We ate lunch on our blanket in the garden, we went on a walk, we cut peonies and put them in a Mason jar, we played with play dough, we made stepping stones for our new garden with their footprints, and we ate jello shapes.
Photobucket
Notice my paint palette on the floor, I don't know why this is here.  I haven't painted in months.  This is sad to me, I must make a note to remedy this in the coming months.My mind has actually been churning with some whimsical ideas for the girls lately.
In between all of that beautiful,  I packed, I cleaned, I fixed dinner and schlepped it to the new house so that the girls could see their Dadue for an hour or two, before I schlepped everything back to this house only to tuck my ladies in their beds an hour later than I should have. Kev worked at work, then worked at the new house, and then worked some more, (be still me heart, he is basically like Superman).
Photobucket
Amidst all the crazy that was this week (and actually several weeks now)  God gave me some sweet quiet times with both girls.  While Maggie Bell napped in the morning Libs and I lingered outside, and I gave her lesson about bees, wasps, and spiders.  She ran a low grade fever this week and actually slowed down enough for me to just hold her in my lap, which almost never happens anymore...
Photobucket
My own Princess Kate, watching the real Princess Kate, marry Prince William for the second time around. We LOVE Princess Kate.  

It was a precious time.
During afternoon nap time, instead of putting Mags in her crib like I knew I should, I just held her while she slept.  Sometimes Mags just needs all of my attention and I like this about her, it gives me a chance to stare at her for a while.
Photobucket
She doesn't always suck her thumb, but on this day she did, and I love it!
It was a precious time.
As this is my second time around, I know all too well, that I'll wake up in a few months longing to hold my baby, only to find that she is a toddler and prefers running to snuggling.  While I know this is as it should be, I'll take the occasional sick day, if it gives me an afternoon of holding the first little girl that stole my heart right out from under me.
Photobucket
Fingers are crossed that we'll move this week.  I was hoping to be out of here this weekend, but I was told that I need to be reasonable. (I wont mention who said this to me, except that it was not Libby or Maggie) :)
Photobucket
I can't wait to share the before and afters...Kev is pretty amazing, I tell him the vision I am having and he makes it happen.  In between drawing sidewalk chalk balloons for my Little, and nursing the Littlest I have helped some too!
Here's to our home sweet home...
Happy weekending.

Grace and Peace

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm just wondering if this move is more or less stressful than the move from Florida when you were 6 months pregnant!

Be patient - it will be worth it in the end and you can all enjoy life in your new home.

Sandra said...

Forgot to say I hope Libby is better now.

Jan said...

Think of all the wonderful memories and stories you will have to tell about these days. The girls will love hearing about all the things their daddy and mommy did to make their new home possible. Love you, can't wait for Laura and my road trip to see you!

One Woman's Thoughts said...

Carly,
Some day a long time from now, you will look back and wonder how you did it all and you will smile. And then you will wonder how did time fly by so fast?

You are a great mother, wife and person. Don't think anything less.
Home will come soon.

Amanda said...

Haha, you sound a lot like me when I move or travel except my husband is even WORSE than I am! I'm glad you have "someone" who can be realistic and force you to slow down ;-) hehehe. That's the kind of submission I can handle!

Abigail said...

I read but rarely comment, but I thought I'd chime in with a bit of electronic cheerleading for the new move!

So exciting!

So much work, yes...

But so exciting!

The house looks gorgeous, and may the work that's left just do itself so you can spend more time taking pictures of your beautiful children. :)

Like, for example, my two favorites from this particular post-- Libby wearing the veil and Maggie sucking her thumb. Both are so beautiful and sweet.