Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Snail and The Whale

Photobucket
"She gazed at the sky, the sea, the land,
The waves and the caves and the golden sand,
She gazed and gazed amazed by it all,
And said to the whale, I feel so small"

~The Snail from The Snail and The Whale

Photobucket
My Little has wanted to read that book several nights in a row.  All day long I hear the stanza above in my head and then I quote it over and over to my girls. I think it is because this week in particular, I know just how that snail feels.

Photobucket

I do feel small, sometimes very small.
So small when I think about the greatness of God.  How he can fade winter into spring before our very eyes, and He can make  the earth tremble, and stir oceans, and yet in all that Greatness He still has time to think of me.
He gave me this man.
This man who sacrifices so much to be with me...to take care of me and his little ladies.  He works tirelessly for us.  Five weeks running, of him running, to this state, then that state, ends tonight.  His flight gets in late.
Midnight can't come fast enough.
Photobucket

"I must not fail
said the tiny snail..."
I love that book.  I totally get where that little snail is coming from.

Here's to midnight.

Grace and Peace
xxx

FYI
These pics are from Williamsburg VA.  It is so pretty there, plus on any given day you can a conversation with a man who thinks he is George Washington, see a horse drawn carriage, or talk with a woman trying to her best to speak with a British accent to my husband, who really does have a British accent.  Plus, they have the best chocolate shop in Merchant's Square.  It is my favorite place to go.  Come visit us, we'll take you there!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I can't wait to come and visit - Williamsburg again would be a bonus. Looks like you had a lovely day together before Kevin flew off again!

Andrea said...

Love this post!! So true- God amazes me all the time! Also, makes me want to visit Julie and visit Williamsburg so bad! Might have to make a summer trip if she can handle 5 kids in the house! Here's to midnight!

Molly Smith said...

I love this post Carly! Libby is growing up so fast...
I'll have to get this book for our own lil'...