Friday, March 18, 2011

Anxious

Photobucket
I have taken pictures of these flowers every year since we have lived here...
My sister says the crocus get anxious for spring.
 I do too.
Virginia is a weird place.  One day feels like a snow storm from the west could blow our way at any minute.  The next day finds us sporting short sleeves and laying our blanket out in the back for nap time.
  It keeps you guessing...so does she.
Photobucket

As I carefully watch the Little's developmental process unfold (when I throw around words like "developmental", does it make you laugh...remember this post, you know how carefully I keep track of these things).  I have noticed that although her personality might be a mirror image of mine,  her talents may come directly from her Dad.  She likes numbers, she likes to count, she likes to categorize things and such...all traits that couldn't possibly come from me.  I try to get her to draw and paint and the like, but it doesn't hold her attention for long.  So the other day when I turned the corner to find her creating art with her flowers, I was pleased to see that she did get some of the good in me, and not just the sass.  I don't know what she was playing, but I love the way she carefully turned each flower upside down on the pretty green step.  It was very creative I thought.
Photobucket
Welcome spring!
Come quickly and grace us with your 72 degree days for weeks to come.  May we lay in the yard for hours on end while we bask in your splendor...
Welcome spring! We are anxious for you to stay.
Amen
Hmmm, let me just hop off my melodramatic soap box and get back to trying to write a post.
Speaking of being anxious about things, I can not wait for this busy time in our lives to be over. However, in a way I am thankful for it.  I can feel God using it to draw me closer to Him.  Mostly b/c my poor excuse for parenting, has me calling and begging for His help every hour of every day.  It goes something like this...
 "God, I am about to lose it.  I just caught Libs feeding the baby chocolate, b/c she has been crying for 10 minutes, b/c I can't hold her, b/c the  dog did something ridiculous, and I am trying to clean it up.  I found two pairs of princess panties on the grill, I just tripped over some plastic produce, and I'm pretty sure there is a load of clothes in the washer that have been there for three days ...HELP!"
Photobucket
 Somewhere, from amidst the chaos, I hear Him whisper, "My Grace is enough. I am enough for you. I am enough for them.  You don't have to be everything, I am that for you, I am that for them."  In that moment, when I feel like I'm about to pop my lid, He gives me a sweet word to say them, and even a sweet word to say to the dog...So, yes, I am thankful for this time.  Thankful for this time that He is teaching me to love them like He loves me.Photobucket
Thankful for these moments I captured of my love with his little ladies last weekend when he was home (He's home again this weekend too...hoping to capture some more)...Every time I turned a coner I would catch him loving them or I would catch them simply adoring their  Daddy....
I love all these shots.
Gotta pick some to frame for our new....Did I mention that?
Coming soon...Casa de Jones'

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Spring, we welcome you with arms wide open!
Grace and Peace
xoxo

4 comments:

Jill said...

Libby looks like she 12 in the birdfeeder picture.

I love Kevin's little shadows. One sock on, one sock off.

Erin said...

LOVED this. My favorite is the one of libby putting the headband on Mags. PLEASE frame that. I also love the one of Kev on the couch with the girls and the last one of him with Mag. well, I LOVE all of them, but those are my favorites. So glad Spring is around the corner for you. Love you!

Diane said...

These pictures are great. I don't know which one I like best. "Developmental process", spoken like a true teacher mom.

Sandra said...

I love the picture of Kevin on the couch with both his girls (is it possible to send me a copy in colour?)
It is so good for all of you to be together again - hopefully for more than just the weekend this time.