Sunday, February 27, 2011

Maggiebell

Lately, when we talk to our Littlest, we've been saying her name like it's all one word.  Libby started it, and for some reason it stuck with me and I say "Maggiebell" all day long instead of Maggie Bell.
I have buckets full of post about Libby, and I thought that Miss Maggiebell needed one of her own.
Have you ever crawled into your bed after a really long day and as you sink down into it's cool sheets they wrap around you like they'd been waiting for you to come back to them?
Photobucket

Well, that is what holding Maggie is like for me.  When I pick her up after being away from her, she is pure comfort.  She tilts her little head to mine and sometimes her hands will brush the sides of my face and I can almost feel her say, "Oh Mommy, where have you been."  She is like home, and ironically likes being at home.  When I rush her, and life packs our days full of busyness, she lets me know. Several days this week our afternoons were packed full of errands and running around and little Maggie screamed  gently whimpered until I could devote all of my attention to her.  Basically this means she cried until I put Libby to bed.  I was frantically going through every possible reason why my baby was so sad, what did I eat, maybe it's gas, maybe she has an ear infection, maybe it's this stinkin rash on her face that is hurting her.  However, when that time finally came, and the house was quiet and still, she settled.  Her little body sank into mine.  I could feel the relief in her deep breaths on my chest, as she buried her face under my chin into the crease in my neck, like she just wanted to get a little bit closer...and I could here it, "oh Mommy, where have you been."


Photobucket
These are may favorite moments with her,  when she drifts off to sleep, and right before she settles into that really deep sleep she stretches, and her hands make tiny fists that go in either direction as far she can take them, her head reaches back,  she makes that little newborn noise, and then curls back up into position.
It's heavenly.
She is.
Photobucket

That my friends only scratches the surface of how much I love having Maggiebell in my life.  Her baby ways are intoxicating.  I just can't get enough of them and I want to drink them up while I can.

Here's to baby's stretches, they are so great.

Grace and Peace

xoxo

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I love those chubby legs - just like Libby used to have. I wish she could be snuggling up and falling asleep on my shoulder!

Amanda said...

Awwwwww this post is so sweet! And the one before it, too. Maggiebell looks just like a baby doll! And Libby is just adorable, so funny. I'm glad you went to your Mom's and Dad's too. I pretty much can't function without John for one day.

Lisa A said...

I'm really mad at blogger or photobucket, whichever one is responsible for me not being able to see the pictures of Mags, which I am sure are presh. I'll be back...and they better be here photobucket blogger. :)

Lindsey said...

What about really lound baby grunts mixed with body contorting and screams? hmm... I think we are dealing with something else? :) In the midst of trying to figure out if it's reflux, dairy allergy or colic. I hope I get more of those intoxicating moments as we can figure all of this out! But I know what you mean and there is nothing like it :)