Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 22

Today was the cut off point.  If she didn't come today, which obviously she didn't b/c Kev didn't send you a text to let you know I was in labor, and also I'm typing this blog, she has to wait until after Christmas so we can be here with the Little on Christmas morning.  Obviously, we have complete control over this...
Anywho, I almost forgot that this was sitting in the driveway and I was plesantly surprised when I looked out the window and saw it this morning.  I went to Walmart and the Post Office just so I could drive it around (I didn't get out of the car at the Post Office).

I was also frantically trying to get our Christmas cards out before the post lady came...2 days to reach their destination, no problem...
While I'm talking about the Christmas cards, every year I design them myself, just b/c I like to do that sort of thing. Then every year I dislike the final product.  However, when I look back a year later, I do end up liking what I see.  Keeping with tradition, this year, I don't like that some of my lettering came out pixelated, so if you notice it when you get your card, don't judge me, I don't know what happen.  If you don't receive a card from me, then feel free to judge, I don't know how I missed you on my list.  If you live in England and you don't get one, it is b/c my husband told me not bother b/c they would be so incredibly late...I'm okay with sending late cards, mainly b/c I ordered plenty for Americans and English alike, but he feels  that late Christmas cards are not acceptable. 


Mid frantic card writing  I got distracted by my persnickety cat, who doesn't often visit this blog.  I thought I would photograph him sitting and thinking, so you could see him.  He's a good cat.  He looks tame enough, but don't let him fool you, he'll let you pet him for exactly 30 seconds before he just flips out, and bites your petting hand.  He's secretly viscous.

Then, I think that the Little got jealous that I was photographing someone other than her, so she carried her camping chair into her table and just started posing...so then I of course had to take her picture too.


Then I realized what my house looked like in the background and felt a bit embarrassed that I would be posting these and you all, all 4 of you, would see the ribbon, the sewing machine, the empty play dough containers, and whatever else is lying on the floor.
Then she posed herself right out of that chair.  She was smiling so big that it flipped that chair right over...Then I decided that I need more light b/c all my pics were just a bit blurry, so I opened the front and she and Gus literally ran away.  Gus went to the neighbors and the Little headed for the mail box, the place that I should have been going with all my finished cards.


 After I caught them both, I realized I needed to get back to work...I nuked my coffee, and got back to writing, labeling, stamping, and those cards out before the mail lady got here.

Here's hoping you get yours at least before the new year...unless of course you're an English relation, in which case, take up complaints with your long lost relative, who is busy typing away in the other room.

Grace and Peace
xoxo

1 comment:

Jill said...

Such a ham. I love that child.