Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 23rd

Dear Christmas,

I'm sorry I have neglected you this year.  My mind is on other things...One very little thing actually.  She is part of me now and will be forever bound to me b/c of these months we have shared.  As the mysterious day of her arrival approaches, I find myself increasingly focused on seeing her face, feeling her warmth, and touching every bit of her wrinkly newborn skin.


So, if I haven't enjoyed you like I normally do, I'll make up for it next year...unless of course I'm pregnant again, in which case I won't be aloud access to the internet b/c I will surely be a resident at the local nut house.
Big, Enormous, Pregnant Love,
C

Now that, that is off my chest, when I left the house this morning for my midwife appointment all seemed normal.  When I came home I found my pre-lit reindeer in a precarious position...Let's just say that we might have some baby reindeer in the near future....Who would do this?  We live on the quietest residential street in America.  The only time I've seen delinquent teenagers on it, is Halloween night.  So who would reposition my reindeer in such a way...Not sure, but I haven't put them right b/c I really want the mister to see them when he comes home from work.  I hope the neighbors won't think poorly of us.

Also, my new Moby wrap came in today...this is a picture of my old one, which I gave to a friend, mainly b/c she needed it, but also b/c I wanted to get a bright pink one, so that when my little one is tucked inside strange people in the grocery store won't ask me if my baby is a boy or girl.
Anyhow, they sent this hat to match that says size 6-12 months, but I find it hard to believe since it fit on my large headed 2 year old.  I think she wanted to sleep in it.  Speaking of sleeping, this little girl has been dreaming of sugar plums dancing in her head, in her new big girl room.  I've went back and forth about moving her before her little sister comes, but in the end she kind of did it on her own.  After a week of napping and sleeping successfully in the big girl bed, we moved the rest of her stuff over.  She's been in there about 3 weeks.,
So that is that, one more day to wrap this not so Christmassy countdown up...Christmas Eve really does deserve a Christmassy post, I'll start planning it now.

Here's to posting daily, if I didn't, I may never have told you about those crazy reindeer.
Merry Christmas Eve, Eve.
Grace and Peace
xoxo

5 comments:

Erin said...

Cracking up about those reindeer. I bet you were like WHAT the HECK? I love that you got a pink Moby wrap. That's so much fun! That will surely take away some of the boy/girl questions. Love Libs in her new hat and am so proud of her for sleeping in her big girl bed. She really is a big girl! It's ok if you've neglected Christmas, but if you are pregnant again next year I will pee my pants too... b/c we all know how the trend works... you... then me.

Sandra said...

Even with a bright pink moby I guarantee some colour blind person will ask "is it a boy or a girl?".
No doubt Libby will soon put them right.
Can't wait to see Maggie in her new pink moby and Libby in her matching hat.

Amanda said...

The boys in my youth group used to have DP night, which they said stood for Dr. Pepper, but I found out later that what they really did was go out all night, putting people's reindeer in precarious positions. I'm thinking DP might have stood for something else...

Amanda said...

I should mention it was the boys in my youth group when I was a teenager, not the boys from my church now or in Naples :)))

TeamWhitehead06 said...

Did Beth and Aaron do that do the deer? I remember them saying that they used to do stuff like that in college.

I totally planned to be the one to buy the new moby for you and I totally forgot! I'm glad that you got a pink one though that will be so cute!

I hope you have a baby today!