Thursday, December 16, 2010

December 16th

The Santa post....
 Our play group had our "Breakfast With Santa" party yesterday. 
It wasn't quite as dramatic as last year, but she pretty much feels the same way about Santa.  She actually looks quite calm here, but she definitly burried her face in my shirt very similarly to last year. 

This one is a little more like it.  She was okay as long as she didn't have make eye contact.   I didn't force her in his lap this year either.  I figured there is a greater likely hood of her remembering the experience this year.  I think she'll have enough ammunition to tell a therapist one day when she's discussing reasons  why her mother is a nut case, with out adding she made me sit on an 18 year old Santa's lap!

We decorated Christmas cookies and licked the froasting off.
Well, I didn't do that, but the kids did.
Libs made a Christmas tree and a star.  One for her and one for Daddy.  I had to worn Daddy to only eat the star, b/c it had fewer lick marks. 

I actually really don't like this next picture of myself.
I'm flaring my nostrils involuntarily and it is rather unflattering.
I post it b/c I'm wondering  why does my Little not look so little in this picture?

She looks like she is ready for school or something and I don't like it.  
Speaking of things I don't like, where the heck are all of her red bows?  I just had them.
Where on earth did I put them away?
This is what nesting does to you, I start putting stuff away and it all just starts flying.
When I'm done the house looks great, but I have no idea where anything is.

When we left the party, we stopped in the Big Fish b/c I thought I could grab a couple of quick gifts...this didn't happen, but we did find Santa Clause there, with no other visitors!  She sauntered up slowly, and though she wouldn't sit on his lap, she did have a nice chat with him about his reindeer and how she wanted Maggie for Christmas.  This Santa had a real beard and real white hair, I almost believed he was real.  When we got back to the car, she said "he's a nice man, Santa gave me a candy cane."
If it wasn't freezing in our office, I would go in there and scan the free picture we got of us with him. It is super warm and cozy in this room, plus there is a snoring English man sitting in the chair by the Christmas tree, and I just can't bring myself to leave him...you'll just have to wait to see that Santa picture for another day.
Here's to red bows, may I find them all before December is over.

Grace and peace.
xoxo

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm very impressed with the decorated Christmas tree cookie - am also quite sure that a few licks won't hurt anyone.
Your little isn't little anymore - she is a soon-to-be BIG sister and is obviously looking forward to it if she plucked up the courage to tell that scary Father Christmas that Maggie is what she wants for Christmas. This present may of course be a little bit late!

Jill said...

MAGGIE COME OUT! Libby does look like she's ready to drive a car in the last picture.