Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Running Just As Fast As We Can

Running to catch the sun before it set for the night .
Runnig to catch that little girl...
Running to catch time...
Sigh.
I don't care how many other times I here it from other mothers, or read it on someone elses facebook status, but how is it that my Little is 2 years old?
How is it that there was a time when we didn't have her?
How is it that no matter how much I will her to be Little, time keeps going, even though in moments like this I will it to be still.
I have typed about it  in this space before, but the one thing that no one could have advised me on, in terms of becoming a mother, was the aching love that came with it.  The beautiful and terrible battle within that wants  so badly to cling to every moment, every milestone, every new word, yet so eagerly anticpates what will come next.
I suppose it will go on forever, and the ache part may even soften over time, but that love, I think, will only grow...just like she grows with every passing day.



Two years old ...so hard for me to write.
Sorry, I'm a little wet around the edges this evening, but no matter how hard I try to catch time and try to stop it...it just keeps on going and she keeps growing.

We never did catch the sun last night...
We chased it just as far as we could.
We ran and ran over the masive expansne of empty sand, but there was no stopping it.
It set in the end.
Despite wanting it  to stop it at that perfect light, watching it go was not bad a thing.
It was probably one of the prettiest things I've ever seen.
 
Here's to letting the sun set and time pass, it really is beautiful.
Grace and peace
xxx
PS...You realize that you'll have to read all these sappy words again, once the Littlest gets here.  I'm guessing my sentiments will be quite the same...just times 2:)
I love these pictures that Kev snapped of Mags, I could stare at them all day!  Makes me excited for her to be with us in this pretty place.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Ok, crying...definitely crying. Those pics of you with Lib and then Mags showing too - they are too much. They are just beautiful! What a gift this special time together is. Two. I know, I can't believe it either. How are they two? Happy Birthday (tomorrow) sweet Libby Rose. We love you so much!

TeamWhitehead06 said...

I LOOOOOVE those baby shots! Especially the one where you are holding Libby up high! I want that framed my my own wall!

Jason, Nicole, and Rowen said...

MY little Rowen just turned 3 and I am going through the same emotions. I think being pregnant with another amplifies the feelings and fears. Your pictures are breathtaking~REALLY. Enjoy your time and eachother!!!

Lisa A said...

I feel like you just wrote right from my heart! I love ALL the pics but my faves were the silhouettes! Just gorgeous! You are one lucky girl to have a husband who takes great pictures, and Little and Littlest are lucky to have a mommy AND daddy who take such amazing pics. What a gift for them and their children when they are older! Happy Birthday in a day Sweet Libs!

Jennifer said...

beautiful!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to my favorite 2 year old on the planet. I love you so much Libby Rose! I wish that I was there to celebrate with you all. Hi Sandra!