Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The View From Here

Lately, my view of her, especially when I'm trying to take her picture, is like this and if it's not of her back, it's just a blur of a little girl playing...I took these of her today at the park with my cell phone
Here she is running away from me,
and again  
She finally slowed down enough for me to get the front side of her, when we stopped so that Gus could get a drink from a stream.. 
  She  was happy to sit there, I don't know why she looks so cross in the first picture. 
Here's the view  of the Littlest today.  I really like baby bumps, this one in particular, b/c it's home for my baby.
I'm pretty sure that while I have been typing these frivolous words, my little person has been enjoying the clicks of the keys, because I have felt some very distinct flutters that could only be the work of my sweetling.  While we're on the subject of the Littlest, we find out how things are going with them next week. We'll also find out if we in fact have another little girl or a little boy.
Out of curiosity,
off the top of your head,
what do you think it is?
If you think it's a boy, do you mind suggesting a name so that we don't call him "hey boy" for the rest of his life.  We have a girl name that we love, and if one day we had another girl, then another 5 after that, I don't think we would have any trouble naming them, but we struggle to agree, or even come up with boy names that we like.
When we thought of the name "Liberty Rose", it was like the heavens opened up, and birds began to chirp, and I think I heard the  distant sound of a  choir singing, and I just knew that one day we would know and love Liberty Rose Jones... Ironically, about 3 days before I found out  I was pregnant this time, I had that same distinct feeling about our new girl name (which I 'll tell you next week if it's a girl, I mean I'll tell you anyway, but you'll have to wait).  However, now that I have lived through a very different pregnancy, more sickness, bigger belly, and slower baby heart rate, I'm leaning more towards thinking it's a boy...
So what do you think?
Here's to lots of great suggestions, cause we've got nothing!
Grace and peace

21 comments:

Amy White said...

Love the view of the Littlest! It made me smile. I hope the Littlest will cooperate next week...so exciting!!! And Libby looks like she was having a good day. By the way, her outfit takes me back to memories of another sweet, little, adventurous girl. Love you. :)

Art Teacher said...

Sister, Did you read this post? You're supposed to guess what the baby is and give me a boy name...You just looked at the pictures, I can tell!

TeamWhitehead06 said...

I love Crump! Not for a name...just the park. Although Crump would be a boy name... and I'm pretty sure that you are going to be on team boy! Why? because boys rock! I can't suggest names because I'm selfish and I will need them for all 15 of my future boys! Ok maybe just a few names.
1. Clark
2. Jude
3.Titus (This is the name of our 4th boy... just be prepared to share it.
4. Asaph (Our 3rd boy!)
5. Harry Potter
I bet you don't like any of those names....
I'm excited to find out!

TeamWhitehead06 said...

Os it just me or do I sound drunk in that last comment?! Maybe it's the drugs fighting this infection! Or the booze... who knows!

Erin said...

What happened to Calum? I really like it. Oh and what about Landon - I like that - Libby & Landon. :)

Erin said...

... I was ready --- I love all the pics and the pic of the Littlest> SOOOO SWEEEET!

Art Teacher said...

Nikki...When I think of the name Clark, I think of Clark Griswald, from "Christmas Vacation." Not sure how I feel about the double J with Jude Jones...plus I would sing "Hey Jude," literally for the rest of my life. I won't steal your boy names (I know you'll need them!:)), but little Harry Potter Jones has a really nice ring!
Erin, I like Calum , but Kev and I say it different, and I don't know if we love it.
Landon and Libby does sound really cute but I know a couple little girls named Landon...I like those double L's though. Help me think of some more!

Unknown said...

Patrick Henry Jones - just kinda goes with Liberty. :)

Sandra said...

OK - I know you asked for suggestions for a boys name but can I start with a request?
Please don't call my first grandson HARRY POTTER!
My suggestion would be Callum John
but I am sure that whatever you decide will be just right for him - provide you take note of the above.

Amanda said...

If you use an L name, you'll then have to name your third baby with an L and that might exclude all your other girl names that you like.

I know a few little boys named Titus now and it has grown on me a little. I like simple or very masculine names for boys. It's really tough picking boy names...unique boy names have a tendency to sound um...flamboyant to me. I'm still not even sure I like the name Josiah totally, and he's going to be here like, tomorrow. Yikes!

At least you have a little more time to decide. Slower heart rate though? I'll guess boy!

Jill said...

I think it's a boy and he's going to be born on December 28th and weigh 7lbs 2oz and be 20.5 inches. Oh wait, we weren't guessing all of that information?

Ok name suggestions:
#1. Jill Renee (boy or girl it doesn't matter)
#2. I love Colton, Cole, and Caleb for C names.
#3. For L names I like Liam, obviously Landon because of the movie "A Walk to Remember" where he's perfect.
#4. My favorite name of all time is Bennett, but you can't use that because I've copyrighted it.
#5. You could name him/her Mud Puddle and I would love him/her more than anything. I promise.

Lisa A said...

I always envisioned you naming your son Bennett for obvious reasons plus the fact that it is an adorable boys name. I don't think if you named the first two with L's that you'd have to keep it up for the rest if you have more. But, despite the slower heart rate, I think if you had that same wonderful feeling about the girl name as you did with Libby's then I'm on team girl! :) either way I'm sure the littlest will have the cutest name and face! :)

Waves, Greens and Jesus said...

Okay here are some boy names I have found that I will pass along:
1. Spencer Bennett
2. Blake
3. Fenton
4. Grady
5. Ian
6. Heath
7. Qulliam (Quill for short)
8. Royce
9. Sloan
10. Evan
11. Ethan
12. Gunnar
I can't wait to find out if the Littlest is a boy or girl!

Melanie said...

Owen Caeden Jones:)
of course

Amy White said...

Sorry Sister...I was sooo excited that I was first to post that I totally skipped the assignment. I still need a little more time to think because I can't commit at this time to boy or girl, and as far as the name suggestions...I will get back to you! ;)

Anonymous said...

Carly, Libby is too adorable as is your little bump! Here are a few boys names:
Deacon
Eddison
Holden
Lane
Trent
Hart
Presley
I do like Bennett too very cute!
-Renate

Lindsey said...

This is fun :) I've started thinking of names too for our little one. We don't find out until October if it's a girl or a boy but if it's a girl we are set on Isabelle Marie and if it's a boy we like Ethan Fisher. I also like Eli, Leo, Levi, Liam- pattern?

TeamWhitehead06 said...

Clark is the name of our squirrel that lives in our yard. Actually it's any squirrel ever. Bastian sees any squirrel and he yells "Clarky boy" It's a shame you don't like the name especially since it is so important to The Whitehead's...

TeamWhitehead06 said...

Clark is the name of our squirrel that lives in our yard. Actually it's any squirrel ever. Bastian sees any squirrel and he yells "Clarky boy" It's a shame you don't like the name especially since it is so important to The Whitehead's...

MommyB said...

I was going to say a boy because you don't have a name and that's always the way it goes, but with the sickness maybe a girl...I had two very very different pregnancies with the girls, and well yeah, I have two beautiful girlies. Whichever they'll be blessed to have you as a momma. xo

MommyB said...

PS we were going to use the name Reed for a boy if you want to use it, since we're all done.

;)