Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Life Is A Box Of Chocolates..."~Mrs. Gump

Mark my words.
I did tell Laura and Kevo, the day I found out I was pregnant months ago, about that feeling I had.  That feeling, that very soon I would be meeting Maggie, Maggie Bell Jones, in case your were wondering.
Now... going into our appointment today, I was sure she was going to tell me that it was a boy, and all of your hard work in helping us find a name would be put to good use.

Life is full of surprises though, and as she slowly showed us every detail of our baby, the head, the hands, the heart, she said "are you interested in knowing the sex...what are your names?
"Maggie," I said "or Will..."
Then she stopped clicked a picture and said, "well, I think you'll be meeting Maggie"

My heart filled up as fast as my eyes...another girl.
Pink.
Bows.
Tea parties.
Sisters.

I could write and ramble about every detail of our very long appointment today, but I will just tell you that I am not worthy of this life HE has blessed us with...
But HE, our Father, has trusted me...
Me to be their mother and I am overwhelmed, I am humbled, I am not worthy.

I have been so disconnected from this pregnancy until today.
Even now, she flutters ever so gently, and I know that it is her, I can feel her, we are connected.
After today, I can tell you that my heart is full.  Full of love for their father, full of love for her sister, and full of love for my Littlest..Maggie Bell

Grace and peace...my cup runneth over.

xoxo

10 comments:

Amy White said...

Carly...I love this post!!! It made me tear up. I am so excited for you to have two little girls and experience all the fun & drama that only they can produce! :) I love Maggie's little profile..she has such a sweet face, and I am not sure why, but Libby looks all of a sudden so grown up, especially in the last pic. What a great birthday gift, My Sister...My Friend! Love to all of you. Please give Kev & Libs hugs from us. xoxo

Sandra said...

So pleased everything went well yesterday and I know that I will love Maggie Bell Jones just as much as I love Libby - especially if there are more phots to look forward to of a little girl wearing a pink tutu with Wellie boots!

Beth K said...

I am so excited about baby GIRL! I love the name Maggie and I can't wait to meet her! Yay!

PS- I love, love, love the picture of Libby in her tutu and rain boot! You need to frame that one!

Ane Oti said...

Love your post Carly!!! I'm very happy to know it is a girl ,that she is healthy and Maggie is such a amazing name!! Congrats!!!

Laura said...

I love that little Maggie Bug already!

Jill said...

I LOVE little Maggie Bell already so much. I can't wait to snuggle with her. Well, yes I can... at least until December. Love you all!

Erin said...

Maggie Bell we love you so!!!! :) So thrilled for sisters, for another girl, for you and Kev, and for the Big Sis, of course! Love to you all! So pumped, once again, to be walking this journey of pregnancy alongside you!

MommyB said...

Hooray, I'm tearing too!! I love my girls and Libby and Maggie just go so well together, hopefully they will be like you and your sister! Congrats again!!

Jessica said...

So excited for you!!!

Unknown said...

congrats carly! so happy for you guys!! loved this post :)