Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Confessions of a Lazy Housewife

There are several things that I wish to reveal on this space in order to get them off my chest.

#1. I hit a deer yesterday...not just any deer, a big deer, with big antlers. We are fine, but I have no idea what has become of the deer. I do know that we are going to visit the Progressive insurance adjuster tomorrow about the dents in the car...I hope they give a cute baby discount. (note reference to the Progressive commercial)


2. I am pretty sure that I am suffering from a concussion after rendering myself nearly unconscious when I left the attic this morning. I am trying to put Christmas away but it is a pain staking process, hence the concussion.

3. You know those large Christmas tins of pop-corn that they sell at Walmart? Well, I just polished off the last of the caramel flavor on my own. As a result I am joining Weight Watchers this evening followed by Yoga class.

4. Perhaps this is the most exciting of all to me, I did a load of laundry today and actually had a match for every sock in the wash. This is something that has never happened to me so you can understand my enthusiasm.

Here are some other things worth noting...
-Gus got washed and fluffed

-Libs is on stronger meds to get rid of a lingering ear infection

-She hates being outside in the cold as much as she hates the snow
- I was talking to the mister during his lunch break today, relaying a story of his daughter throwing cookies on the floor in a fit of rage b/c she did not get her way. He asked me this "Is this a normal reaction for 15 month olds or is there something wrong with her?" I replied, I think most small children have trouble understanding disappointment at this age, but our sweet Little may just be a tad more animated when things don't go the way she wants! I think that is the right answer, but I have to say that no matter how bad the temper gets there is something about that face she makes, when her world is closing in on her, that I just love(go here,here, here, here, here, here, here, and here).
You see, for in that sad face is pure passion, that I hope given time and lessons learned will turn into a girl that is steady and strong in her desires for this life...

Just a thought.
Just my hope.
Just avoiding putting all those matched up socks away!
Grace and peace

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Um...so yeah. I did ALL the laundry today and sorted ALL of it and have about 15 socks with no matches. How is that possible when I did ALL the laundry?

And, I'm here to tell you that yes, it is normal for 15 month olds to throw horrible tantrums. I think the only very sad and embarrassing reason that Maryn's tantrums have become less frequent is that I've thrown a few tantrums of my own when she's thrown some of hers. Including slamming doors, screaming, and generally freaking out. So...kudos to you because you're probably much better at handling the stress of a toddler tantrum!

Teri said...

Great stuff, Car! :) Those pics of sad, passionate Libs are priceless!!

Sandra said...

Poor Libby - still got an ear infection and you make her go outside in the cold! Hope she feels better soon.
Gus looks really pleased with his wash and fluff up. Atleast the cold doesn't bother him!

Jill said...

Gussell looks so fluffy and pretty. The first picture of Libs next to him crying with her mouth semi closed/stretch because she's about to yell is hysterical and I just showed it to everyone in my office. Along with the piggy wiggy pic. On another note, sorry about hitting a deer, those things jump out of no where! On ANOTHER note, next time you go to the attic, wear a helmet. It's something that runs in our family. Love u.

Jessica said...

I have to confess that I am a total "blog stalker" I have been friends with Laura since highschool and I found your blog off of hers. I LOVED your December posts and it totally inspired me to be a better blogger!!

Jessica said...

1. I am so glad we get to be blog friends now and I don't have to stalk you in secret
2. You little babe is so cute it is almost painful...I love looking at all of your pics
3.I am beyond excited that you make numbered lists...because they are my favorite!!
4. This might be alittle early in our "relationship"...but I am adding you to my blog friend list. I hope I am not taking things too fast :)

Lisa A said...

If it's not normal, Liv is in BIG trouble! haha. Libs has competition with Alivia's fits! I will have to remember that she is just being "passionate" next time that happens and maybe it will make me feel better! HA! We miss you! Glad your Christmas was awesome!