Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1

When Kev first moved to America, there were two things I introduced him to that he did not have in England during the holiday time of year.
One was candy corn, in which he responded that he expected it to be savory not sweet. The other was eggnog. When the eggnog hits the shelf we are the first ones to buy it. This generally means that this rich and creamy treat haunts me from about November 1 to January 15. All that to say that upon arriving home from work yesterday Kev fixed himself a glass and shared it with our little half breed. Milk I must trick her into drinking, but she signed more for the nog the rest of the night. She's hooked.
Happy December!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Hmmm... maybe we should clarify that it was an non-alcoholic eggnog. ;) Love you.

Art Teacher said...

Thanks Jilly, it's true it was non-alco nog!

MommyB said...

Even from this picture I can tell that Libby is getting to be a little girl and not a baby anymore! How exciting!

Erin said...

I love the advent blogging. I love that she loves egg-nog. It's Dan's fav too - I am sad Hopie can't try it b/c boo hoo she's allergic to eggs!

Sandra said...

I wonder what Libby would make of the alcholic version - her dad was not much older when he tried his first vodka. It was his Grandad's drink and he had left it somewhere that Kevin could reach! It probably made him sleep well that night!