Sunday, November 1, 2009

Buzzzzz Off


Remember that time I decided to make Gus a dog bed b/c it would be cheaper and then in the end realized that I spent more than I would have had I just bought the dog bed...
Well, I did it again. I spotted the yellow and black striped tights seen below at Gymboree months ago and a matching honey of a costume for Halloween. Then I spotted the price tag and decided I could make it myself. A few too many dollars later and a whole day ignoring my baby while stitching it, I realized I should have just bought it when I realized that I liked it.
Anyway, she was one sweet honey bee at home, but as soon as we arrived at our friend's Pumpkin Party she turned into a hornet and ruined the group photo...That's my girl!
Halloween was a barrel of soggy fun this year. Last year we were so impressed, for lack of a better word, at the effort that folks put into this holiday that we invited friends over to sit in the rain and watch it happen. To be honest the rain held off long enough for us to eat soup, dessert, and hand out all our candy.
Night well spent.



On a side note, have I mentioned that Libs is occasionally petrified of small dogs? Well, she is. Shrills of terror is what you hear if anything under 20lbs comes at her. The Winnie Pooh in the right of the photo crawled towards her and she cried like a Pomeranian was coming after her. She was shaking..literally.
I stole this photo from my friend Beth's blog. I had my camera but it was laying in the grass while I put on a side show to get the Little to smile. Apparently, I should not go into show business b/c it only made her cry harder.
Well, here's to all things pumpkin and rotting your teeth, till next year,
Happy Hauntings!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

i love the bumblebee outfit and am very impressed

Lisa A said...

I am so impressed! I love that little skirt! I think that one is way better than the Gymboree one because it was made with mommy-love!

Sandra said...

I don't understand how could Libby be petrified of Winnie the Pooh! He looks so cute although I have to say none of the children looked too impressed with having to have a group photo taken. I loved the bee outfit and she did keep the head band on for some of the photos at least.

Erin said...

She is the cutest Bee that I have ever seen. Seriously - maybe cuter than Hope - am I allowed to say that?? HA! I mean, OH MY GOSH --- so cute. Super impressed with you! I love it! lOVE it! We cannot wait to see you VERY soon!

Amanda said...

She is SOOO cute!