Thursday, October 1, 2009

One Last Look


If I close my eyes, I can still feel the salt air on my face, hear the distant crash of the sea(although this could be Libby's sound machine), and see the Cornish coast line in all its beauty.
If I open my eyes, we are back home, minus the part of the equation that makes we three whole, but never mind about that, this post is about seeing that place one more time until our next holiday.
On our last day in Cornwall, we visited a place that fairy tales are made of, and while no swords were pulled from stones on this day, we marveled at the Majesty of Creation just the same. This place is called Tintagel and is said to be the birth place of King Arthur and the home of Merlin the Magician's cave.

These pictures don't do it justice, but you must walk down then walk back up to get to the castle ruins. I didn't start counting until the end and I still got up to nearly 300 steps. This is the way down.
And this is the way up...straight up, though you can't tell here. It was really a good plan, building your castle fortress on a rocky island that is surrounded by jagged cliffs.

Kev and Liberty Rose at the first castle arch

Family shot #86So close to the edge

It made me laugh how she just dangled there.
Family shot #302Here we are at the castle entrance before the long walk down to the tea rooms.

Hello mocha, I've missed you so much
Until next time pretty place, something about you takes my breath away. I'll miss you while we are gone.

3 comments:

Lisa A said...

The silohette of Kevin and Libby is my favorite. The sky looks amazing and it's just a dad and his daughter enjoying God's great beauty!

Melanie said...

so beautiful
can we establish our compound in TIntagel?

Jill said...

The picture of Libs hanging there makes me laugh too. Her feet look like she's in a size 10. And the last picture makes me laugh because the Little is about to plunge over the edge but all is okay in your world because of your coffee. Love you and miss you all!