Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rosy Cheeks And Everything


All I have ever heard about England is how "rubbish" the weather is. Especially this summer in particular when, according to the locals, they have had no summer to speak of. So we came prepared for the worst weather possible with loads of sweaters, a plastic cover for the stroller, and even a heavy winter coat. However, it must be said that every time I have come to this country the weather has been gorgeous and makes one wonder what all the fuss is about. Actually, it did rain today, finally, so we walked down to the sea so I could see what a proper day on the Cornish coastline looks like and Kev could go surfing.
Here's our latest pics. This weekend, we played outside, played by the sea, and visited with Kev's long time friend and his lady...We all got a little pink in the cheeks and clearly, despite the sun, we still have made use of our sweaters.
Kev and the Little walking over the tide pools,

and splashing in the tide pools.

Have I mentioned that the Little L-O-V-E-S dogs. In this picture she is squealing with delight at some dogs playing on the beach...
p.s. when the tide is out here, this beach is huge!
So, I think that Bude is the perfect place to get pictures of your children. I like each one better than the last
Seriously, she love dogs, she can spot them from a mile away and then she says...a-ro-wo-wo-ro

Kev and his friends from uni...the one in the middle, that is not Kev, was his best man at our wedding. We call him Uncle Ben, the English one, not the one that makes the rice.
About her walking...she seriously saw a toy the other day, wanted it, and walked right to it, but now it's like she remembered that she liked crawling better. I have been encouraging walking everyday, but still she prefers to crawl, unless of course I'm holding her hand by the sea side.
So many great photo moments, that I couldn't pick, so you get to see lots of them.
Walking on a country lane with Daddy

and then with Grandma

I was just saying that after this trip my blog is going to take a turn for the worse...really, really, boring and probably infrequently updated seeing that here I have a built in babysitter that lets me have few minutes to write....but until then one last shot of a little girl fed up.
Her face says it all, too much sun lef her ready for bed.

Which, incendently I am ready for.
Until next time.
Grace and peace.

10 comments:

Kate said...

I think that you bring the sunshine to the British Isle.

Erika said...

what a fun trip, K also loves dogs and will spot them a mile away! LOL all she wants to read at night time is golden retriever books!

Jill said...

Libs misses Gussell and I love her rosie cheeks.

Melanie said...

i bet the trip was worth it all since Kev got to surf

Melanie said...

mike wants to see pics of Kev surfing

Mama Burd said...

Carly- are you still using your moby wrap? Is this something I should get? I registered for a black one, not knowing if it was really something worth getting. I didn't get one yet, but am considering using a gift card to get it?? Your insight would be much appreciated!! :) ~Sarah

Amy White said...

I love all the pics you have posted and it looks like the trip has been really great. The scenery is beautiful and is highlighted by your family being there! Love you all. Can't wait to talk to you! :)

Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching for that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the boots are all over 350 bucks everwhere. But completely I set this site selling them for half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi friends. I'm really into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices seeking the boots were all over 250 bucks everwhere. But completely I set this location selling them for half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you tell me about these?