Thursday, September 17, 2009

London Bridges Falling Down

So....we arrived..
with baggy eyes, but big excitement about showing our loved ones our Little.
We spent our first couple days here drinking coffee, celebrating monumental birthdays, and trying to catch up on our sleep.
Our sweetling is a creature of habit and changing time zones has thrown a wrench in her schedule, not to mention the appearance of two new teeth potentially poking through at any moment.
I feel sure that some one once told me that there is something called a teething scream, which I'm sure Libby knows how to do. In fact, I'm sure that everyone on this small island of mobile phones and short bread, is sure our Little knows how to do a teething scream. It's that loud, especially at 3:00 am.
Anywho, just the thought of the screaming is making me hungry for sleep or short bread?...so let me stop dribbling on and post pictures.
Here are some shots of fresh air on a cloudy day


What do you mean it's my birthday?

If you are wondering where the illusive "12 month, my baby girl is 1 post" is? it's not here, because I refuse to think about it..maybe tomorrow. We did celebrate her birthday, but being on vacation kept me distracted from realizing that my baby is very quickly becoming a little girl. Libby in a Mini
She couldn't figure out why the steering wheel was on the wrong side of the car?
Having lunch where Daddy used to spend weekend holidays with the family



I post this picture just so you can see my new boots that make my husband wonder where I left my horse! Tallyho to you my friends and goodnight...

8 comments:

Melanie said...

i was laughing hard at the boots comment
i love them by the way
we are in NYC and i want some short ankle boots. Mike doesn't understand either
everyone here dresses so fabulous but its not the same in FL.

Lisa A said...

I LOVE the picture of her face close up! She is so beautiful! Libby I cannot believe you are 1! Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

Jason, Nicole, and Rowen said...

Your Little is absolutely beautiful and I totally understand about it being so difficult for her to turn one. Our Rowen just turned 2!!! I still cry putting away some of her little clothes and toys that she has outgrown. People always say,"don't coddle your children", but whenever my little girl wants to be held, cuddled, or loved on, I jump at the chance because I know this time will pass all too quickly! Sorry for the LONG comment! God bless your beautiful family and enjoy your holiday!

MommyB said...

Hooray very fun! Honestly the first thing in the picture of you I noticed, really was your boots :) Hope teething goes better!! Hylands teething tablets are amazing, not sure if they sell overseas though.

Jill said...

I choose to ignore that fact that she's growing up too. Please come home soon so I can squeeze her.

Laura said...

Gosh I miss you guys! I needed this Jones family fix! Thanks!

Beth K said...

Carly, you are the funniest person I know! I needed a laugh today! Loved the description of your boots! We miss you! Can't wait to have you home!

Amy White said...

Yeah for the post from London or wherever you are now!!! :) Miss you sister. It looks like you are having a fun time. You look amazing in your boots by the way. Can't wait to talk to you. Have a great rest of the trip.