Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Insignificant Importance

What a failure I have been in terms of blogging and keeping track of my Little's first year of life. It just seems like each day just goes by, with every day happenings taking place, minus a camera to document them. Not to mention that blogging requires my full attention and I still have grammatical errors and my full attention has been required other places as of late. Taking a camera everywhere with me is hard, b/c it's just one more thing I have to pack. I'm learning to be prepared for every situation possible with a little girl, so I often have quite few things to remember...
extra diapers, check
wipes case filled, check
snacks, check
swim diaper...just in case, check
toys, check
sippy cup, check
nursing cover, check
and the list goes on and the camera never seems to be on that list.
So here are some pictures to fill the void (Grandma, Aunt Ju-Ju, and Cousin Jill). Please note these pictures are completely staged and do not reflect what we really are doing on these sunny, summer days which include, but is not limited to
learning to walk,
learning to talk,
growing teeth,
throwing temper tantrums,
playing with toys,
reading books,
swimming,
sewing(if you're nice to me I'll show you what we have made!),
wearing food on our face not matter how much I wash it,
and trying to stay on some kind of a schedule.

In these first three pictures she thinking about something,
I don't know what it is,
but I'm sure it involves a snack.
Here she is trying to get the lantern that is on the floor, that I moved so that she couldn't get it,
obviously I didn't move it far enough.
This was taken before I moved the lantern, she is looking at it and planning her attack on how she can get and break it! Gus is thinking, "if she doesn't break it, I will"
When I stared this photo session, I stuck this chair in the middle of our back garden and sat her down in it. She did quite well for a few minutes and even provided me this pensive look which made a very pretty picture of her I think.
Moments later, she was reaching for something and tumbled off into the bushes, reminding me of this day. I thanked the Lord that He made babies bounce, then I picked her up and dusted her off, and then stepped in a pile of well, you know, and decided it was time to go back inside.

By the way...do you like what I've done to my dinning room chairs???? I also used this fabric plus red polka dots to make a kitchen curtain....a little bit of the sewing I mentioned!

7 comments:

Laura said...

I love her!

Jill said...

I'm so glad that you posted some new pictures. You must have been getting my vibes of threatening comments about to come your way for not posting. I love any photos of that little chunky chunk, staged or not.

Melanie said...

i noticed your cushions right away, they look great. And her hair is coming so beautiful with the perfect color and wave.

Jill said...

P.S. The first picture reminds me of Allison SO much!

Sandra said...

The pictures of her working out how to get at the latern are great and the pink dress is really pretty. It won't be long before she will be needing her fringe cut.

MommyB said...

Her hair is getting so long, watch out she's not a baby anymore!!!

Lisa A said...

I also noticed the chair right away and I loved it! But...no chair is cuter than that Libby of yours!