Friday, May 1, 2009

When Your An Artist

Confession, when you're an artist you have an automatic excuse in life for the absent minded things you do...like leaving all the cabinet doors open and leaving the kitchen, or leaving the car running while you return to the house and go about the business of your day, or being sometimes hours late for social engagements, not b/c you were running late but b/c you were sure the invitations said another time. These are just a few blunders that I have committed.
So you can understand why yesterday while I took pictures like thisand this

oh and this
that somehow between these last 2 I decided to unbuckle Libby from her stroller and I tie my giant dog to it...



Note to self :
Do not tie giant pooch to baby stroller, while baby is in stroller, because dog will pull stroller over and baby will roll out into flowers that delinquent mother/artist is taking photos of.

P.S. She was fine...didn't even cry. Thankfully, that should put back in the runnings for mother of the year.

7 comments:

MommyB said...

That cracks me up. I think part of it too it just being a momma. I used to be always on top of things but now that I'm a momma other things come first. Glad Libster is okay, I would have loved to see pictures, isn't that cruel?!?!?

The Old Life said...

oooo I ADORE the leafy tree one <3

The Old Life said...

p.s
I <3 your new header

Sandra said...

Great photos Carly.
Don't think you are a bad mother.
I'm sure Libby will have forgiven Gus already and has forgotten it ever happened. As for Gus - I don't suppose he even feals guilty!

Erin said...

what awesome pics of the flowers. :) and don't feel bad - you know my story :)

Art Teacher said...

Sandra...you know your grandog well!

TeamWhitehead06 said...

Now I understand why you are in the Good Mom's Club with me...

But seriously, who accidently bites their own kid?