Thursday, May 21, 2009

Honey Suckles

I have been trying to find a creative way to tell you that the path at the park is lined with honey suckle and they smell fantastic...we go there everyday just to breath the air.

We also go there to pass the time. Kev has been away for the last few days and I am bored, in a "I haven't had time to really sit down and play on the computer kind of way." If I was wearing a hat, it would be off to all single mom's right now, b/c it is hard work, and in case you're wondering, if I was wearing a hat, it would look like this.
Anywho, since Kev is out of town, I took the liberty of taking this picture.
How girly does Gustopher look? We have a strict "no clothes on dogs" rule at our house, which I am positive includes pink bows, but I have a reason for my madness. We were praying for this family, and to show our support we took part in this activity which was documented here.


Moving right along.
Today we took 8 month photos in excess, as if I would do it any differently.
8 months, is hard to take, in the most fabulous way. She is simply the most fun girl I know, but I find myself having feelings like this, and this.
Motherhood, the beautiful pain. Clinging to every moment, yet so eager for the next-
like crawling, walking, teething
(Dear Libby,
All the other babies have teeth. Where are yours?
Love, Mommy)

Sigh, wipe tear.

8 months....all Daddy, I know.
Every picture screams "I'm British and I want clotted cream and scones!"
8 months...Trying to talk.
We have conversations about "dada" and "mama" all day long. Sometimes we talk about "pppsst", which I think translates into Trouble or Gus.
8 months....Grabs on, holds on, pulls up. Crib's lowered, outlet's covered.
8 months...
So big, so very, very big.
She shows me everyday.

Dear Libby,

P.S. "I love you right up to the moon and back"

(I think I read that somewhere yesterday. :) )

7 comments:

Jill said...

I could not love that child any more.

Kate said...

Carly, this is so wonderful! I hope you get your Kevin back really soon :)

Sandra said...

A trip out for a Cornish cream tea will definitely be on the agenda when you come to Bude - I'm sure Libby will love them as much as her Mum does.
All the 8 month photos are great but I especially love the one with the boots on. I'm sure Libby thought wearing boots in bed was a strange idea!

Melanie said...

that is not the hat I was expecting to see. HA

Erika said...

oh my I LUV That pic of Gus and Libby!!! tooo cute u have the cutest babies ever!
BTW K didnt have teeth until she was 13 mo! but that didnt stop her from eating rice and beans at 10months! LOL

The Old Life said...

AHHH Carly! I am so impressed with your ever growing photo skills!!! :D

you rock! ps libby is the smartest baby!!!! shes such a doll! I cant wait to meet her please let me know when you visit!

Amy White said...

Love that little 8 month old girl. Her frilly bottoms are sooo cute. I used to love to put those on Sid and Al. I actually saved a pair for Libs. Love the pictures w/ the bluish background.