Friday, October 17, 2008

And So I Steal Them

Since having Libby, I have become acutely aware that in no time at all she will be asking me to walk several paces behind her at the mall and pointing how incredibly clueless her mom is in matters of life.
So I must confess, that every moment I can steal with her I do. When she sinks into a deep sleep in my arms after nursing, there are times when I choose to hold her longer and closer to me, when perhaps I should put her down and let her gain some independence.
My fear and hope (in a strange way) is that she'll have a wild and adventurous spirit one day that takes her to wherever God would lead her.
However, right now, I am the center of her world b/c that is the way that He designed she and I, so I steal those moments when she is as happy to be close to me as I am to her.

2 comments:

bettyproper said...

Love this one.

Jennifer said...

Carly you and Libby are so cute together! Miss you too!