Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snakes and Snails....

Christian Matthew White

And so it was that God saw fit to bless this family with a little boy. After years of mostly pink and frills we will have to learn how to play boy, for little Christian Matthew joined the world last night. Around 8 o'clock after hours and days of his sweet mommy working to bring him safely to us, there he was 7lbs and 6 oz of tonka trucks and muddy overalls wrapped up in the crinkled, wrinkled skin of a newborn baby boy.
I was blessed to visit the three for a little while this morning while my little napped. I truly hate to use words at times like this, they are never enough, but being in the presence of someone so new makes you wish you could experience it daily. The world seems brighter, it smells sweeter, it feels surreal and peaceful. I captured what I could on camera, but the smell you will just have to imagine. I left the three to await the arrival of the excited big sisters who were on pins and needles waiting for Babette and Grandad to take them to meet their new baby brother, but here I am typing so you will have to wait till tomorrow for the pictures of 5 Whites together.
I love having a sister, her joy feels like my own. I have always had a special place in my heart for her sweeties and after meeting her third sweetie I would have to say that my heart made room for him as well and I love him just as much as the others....
Welcome little man, I pray you will impact this world with greatness.









9 comments:

Jill said...

HE'S SO HANDSOME! I think he looks like his granddad in the last picture. What great pictures Car. I love him so much already.

Lisa A said...

What a sweet little boy. Great pictures Carly!

Erin said...

HE IS PRECIOUS!!! YEAH THAT HE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandra said...

I love the picture of the proud parents with baby Christian - Amy looks so well, it's hard to believe she has just had a baby! I look forward to seeing the first pictures of Christian and Libby - she is going to look so grown up.

MommyB said...

Congrats Auntie, he's beautiful!

Kathy Harris said...

I am moved beyond words. The little fellow is truly a gift from God. Welcome little Christian and peace and blessings to the entire White family.

Teri said...

He looks perfect in every way! Awesome pics. Have a great time with your fam!

Beth K said...

He's too adorable! Congratulations!

I love the pictures too! hope you plan on bringing your camera to the hospital when Caleb is born and taking such sweet pictures for us! :)

LittleReece said...

WHAT A TREASURE! He's so incredibly beautiful! You must be so proud of the family's boy!