Friday, November 28, 2008

A Thanksgiving Hullabaloo

If you are an avid reader of my blog than you remember this post. Well Gus the Great creative havoc in my a parents house AGAIN. Except this time it came after my mom slaved for hours over her traditional Thanksgiving baking. Every year mom makes a slew of apple desserts for our family's Thanks meal. As each item came out of the oven she strategically placed them in places she thought would be Gus proof...one pie on top of the microwave, the apple dumplings on the back of the oven with pots stack up in front of them, and one apple pie on the center of the dinning room table with items surrounding it for protection. She thought all would be well, seeing that there are 4 grown adults here to guard her hard work. However, when she left the kitchen to get ready and left the rest of us in charge is when you know what happen. My dad heard a crash and when he got to the kitchen Gus had devoured half of the biggest apple pie! I wish I was a quick thinking girl b/c I would have thought to get the camera. I was too busy consoling my distressed Mother though. To make matters worse while Gus was eating the pie at our house, we found out that at Aunt Judy's house the Turkey drippings caught her oven on fire! Thankfully, my Mom is an incredible baker and whipped together another pie in just enough time to take to with us to dinner, and the fire did little damage to the bird. We were thankful that we had a pie to be eaten by a dog and a turkey to catch on fire. I have no pictures as proof of our distressful day, so you'll just have to take my word and enjoy the pics I do have!
Tyler, Aunt Di, Adam, and baby girl at the end of the evening

Jill, Aunt Jud "the turkey fryer" and mommy and babyThe Jones'...being thankful for each otherJill and Scotty, I'm thankful for them tooSweet Libby all ready for her first Thanksgiving

No comments: