Monday, August 27, 2007

Mystery in The Park

We live in a modest house, on a quiet street. Beyond our house, to the south, there is a road called Winged Foot that cuts through our neighborhood through a more questionable area to US 41(Tamiami Trail). On this road, you can look up to any given power line and see a pair of shoes draped across the line. I was told by several people that this a symbol of a drug dealer in the area. So I said to myself,
"self, if this is such common knowledge, then why don't police know and penetrate our area more and why isn't the crime rate higher?"
So I answered myself with
"self this must be just bored kids throwing each others shoes up in the air for fun."
I am afraid I will never know for sure, but it will always be one of those things that I wonder about...who does it,
why do they do it,
how many times did it take them to land them on the line,
and who in my neighborhood is shoe-less tonight?

Hhmmm.
Sorry for the shaky picture, I took them while Kev was driving.

3 comments:

Laura said...

it sure is a mystery.

Erin said...

and who in the world would throw their shoes away like that? i love my shoes. all 500 pairs of them! :)

Art Teacher said...

Amen th that Mrs. H. I wonder why anyone would have their shoes off in the middle of the street.