Friday, July 27, 2007

Van Gus...Leonardo da Gus...Michelanglgus?????

You know those days, when you have one specific thing in mind that you want to do but to many other things come up and you just can't DO IT....that is today, that is yesterday, and that is all the days previously! I just want to finish my book! Me and Harry that's not too much to ask. I just want to know what happens...but if you know don't tell! I want to find out for myself!

A specific example of life not letting me do what I wanted occured just this morning. Our morning routine normally involves Kev waking up first, getting ready, feeding Gus, waking me up, then out the door for work, leaving poor Gus barking in agony b/c his best mate Kev has left him for the day. I then drag myself from bed, get ready and go out to living room, normally to find a belly full Gus in a precarious position, sound asleep by the front door digesting his breakfast in the best way possible. I take him outside, eat my breakfast, and leave for work...that's our morning in a nut shell! Not this morning...As I exited the bedroom expecting to find puppy dreaming away, I found a scene like this: Please reference blog titled "In Case You Were Worried" b/c it talks about the fabulous water color pens that I wanted so badly, that I found this morning scattered across my living room...and just to make it extra special, Gus made sure that he broke open the black pen right by the entrance way and painted me a lovely picture(not sure of what). It didn't end there b/c he not only finished off the black, he desecrated the special purple that Laura bought for me and he must have really like the orange b/c instead of painting the carpet, he painted himself, his beard and paw.
Like owner, like dog....I always have more paint on me then I should. I suppose it is a hazard of my job! Anywho, I didn't have the forsight to snap a picture of the carpet before I scrubbed it violently with Oxi-Clean, but here are a couple of the painted puppy.


He's not bleeding...I promise, it's orange paint

I post this one just b/c it's so darn cute
And this one b/c it look like he is thinking, "enough already Mom!"


1 comment:

Tessa said...

oh, gus. "son of a gus" hah. instead of son of a gun. wow. thats boredom, eh?
Good ol Gus.