Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oh Dear....The Weekly Work Of Art

I have to confess, I have not been doing very well updating my art work...although, despite every spare moment being devoted to Harry and every other spare moment being devoted to a fun summer project for my sis, I did have inspiration last week and finished him off today.



One of my favorite reasons for living in Florida is the interesting array of wild life that God has designated to this part of the world. The most frequently seen by my eyes are the exotic birds-(just a side note on that, my bff Laura hates birds, but I love them, she also hates stickers, but that is another day and another blog!)

Anywho, some of most favorite birds that soar our skies are Swallowed Tailed Kites and Pelicans. Swallowed Tailed Kites are birds of prey. Kites are steel grey, but have beautiful white bellies, their tails are spilt, hence the name kite. Watching them is amazing to me and I have found myself staring at the sky dumbly or swerving off the road hoping to catch one more glimpse of these smooth moving birds. My other favorite bird is a Pelican, they are majestic and generous! I love to watch them glide along in formation with their friends, and then climb high above the water then swoop down and gulp a delicious Gulf of Mexico treat.

Sorry for building your hopes like that, but my newest artwork is not of either of those birds...No, it is actually of one of my least favorites b/c it's so very common. When I went out to my car the other morning I saw a black bird, sitting on the fence. Something about him caught my attention and I knew that I needed to draw him...I get these little "I'm suppose to draw you" thoughts all the time (there is a leaf in my front yard that I want to draw so badly and I have, but it's not quite right yet). To make a long (very long) story short, here is Mr. Black Bird, I like him...I think.



3 comments:

Tessa said...

Ah, Carly! Its beautiful. Well done, art teacher. Well done.

Art Teacher said...

Yea for Tessa! She lfet me a comment...unlike the rest of you!

Laura said...

I want a one-legged black bird, please. Thank you.