Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Haunting

Last week some time I heard someone say this little phrase (which I am bound to mess up trying to repeat, but here it goes anyway) "early to bed, early to rise, you'll have time to exercise"?!?##$#? I don't how it relates to this blog, but Kev and I were not early to bed last night.

Let me clarify, we were in bed, just not early to sleep.

In the still and quiet of night on Haitian Drive there was a strange howling that started in our bathroom. To attempt to recreated the noise in this blog would not do it justice, but it appeared that an angry something or other had taken residence inside our toilet. Every couple of minutes our ghost would pipe up make it's angry noise then stop. It started very slowly and quietly, like running water (the sort of noise one would expect from a toilet), but then it would grow to a bewitching howl, that had I'd not known was coming from our commode I would have been shaken to say the least. This went on for about an hour, until Mr. Jones angrily and begrudgingly got up did some thing violent to the spirit-inhabited toilet, then got back in bed!
However, no sooner had he curled up next to me after heroically attacking our toilet, a new noise started! Our banshee, spirit, poltergeist, (what ever it was) apparently moved on to our puppy, who began to bark...LOUDLY(please reference blog "Gustopher Jones," big dog, loud bark). I am not sure exactly how long this lasted, but I know that a very grumpy Mr. Jones got out of bed twice to try and sooth him. Then in effort to stop my husband from potentially loosing his mind, I got up with my pillow to sleep on the couch and let Gus out of his crate to sleep close to me. I was sure that just my presence would calm the little guy down, seeing that I am the motherly figure in his life! Not so much. He brought me everyone of his toys, chewed on things he was not supposed to(including my leg), drug Mr. Jones' beloved camera bag onto the floor, among other things! I realized that sleep was not going to take place on the couch anymore than it was not taking place in our bed! So I slathered a bone with peanut butter, put it in his crate, and in he went...not another peep. Who knew that peanut butter was a cure for poltergeist!

3:00 am

Sleep!

4 comments:

Leah said...

I haven't laughed that hard since I left Florida. . . .afraid i might pop a stitch. I'm thinking with telling the story of "the haunting" of the house that i choose not to speak of, I might have passed it on to you! Let me know if I need to send my father-in-law down to take care of things! I will be glad to show him the way . . .love you . . .and gus!

Erin said...

Oh I am cracking up -- that is hilarious. I think it's "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." Sorry you didn't get much sleep!

Erin said...

I could do lunch tomorrow. What time? Just let me know and we'll meet up. Maybe around 12 or so. :) Love ya!

Tessa said...

mm. creepy. to be quite honest, this is a very creepy story. Funny in the end though.