Tuesday, December 22, 2015

December 21st: Cookies and Videos

The theme of my countdown this year is baking and videos.  I won't make you watch another video, but yesterday was THE day of cookie making, again.  This is time without the assistance of my husband.  My children love to help in the kitchen and I love letting them.  We are making memories.  That is, until they have taste-tested cookie batter so many times that their heads start spinning and you find them all in a heap of tears on the kitchen floor.
It was fun.

All of our treats were gluten free and delicious!  We are not a gluten free family, but I like to pretend that if it doesn't  have gluten in it it makes it healthier.  Gluten free makes it perfectly acceptable for me to eat a cookie every time I walk through the kitchen. Burp!
I kind of made up all of these recipes based on stuff I read on the internet.
You can absolutely trust everything you read on the internet because the interwebs do not lie.
First, we made White Chocolate Peppermint (gluten-free) Pretzel Sandwiches.  Shew, that's a mouthful to say, they are the perfect bite -sized snack.



We also made Triple Chocolate Chewy Peppermint Cookies, which I have no pictures of, but they are my favorite, in fact, give me a minute while I go have another.
Yum, now that I have that out of the way...

Kev's favorite were what I like to call Vegan Salted Caramel Pretzel Thumbprint Cookies.  You should say that again.  Despite their long, hipster name they are really good too.  Thank goodness I had all this help, I may have never finished them.





Alright, I'm going to pour myself a cup of milk while I eat my healthy cookies with a side a vegetables because then it will all be fine.

In January I'll start my healthy eating/fitness blog.  Until then, bottoms up and cookies in!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: