Sunday, December 20, 2015

December 20: Decorating Cookies With Kids Or Herding Cats


On December 1st my darlings started to beg me to make Christmas cookies.  I wanted to bake everyday, but making cookies with kids takes time and precision to execute it just right with minimal disasters.


Everything is all fine and dandy until you try to help them roll out their dough or line up the cookie cuts for optimal dough usage.  I can actually hear my mother's voice in my head telling me that I wasn't spacing cut-outs correctly.  Look at my girl trying to get her's as close to the edge as possible!  Glory be, one of my children actually listens to me!

 And please,  for all that is good and right in the world please, oh please, don't try to micro manage their use of sprinkles...
 It is the best part of Christmas cookie making and if you take this away from them you have basically ruined their childhood!
 See, look what happened to Cooper by the end of the night!  We had to cut him off after his sprinkling the cookies became just eating the sprinkles.

The cookies are gluten free and actually taste quite nice.  How they look is a whole other story.  Eat at your own risk!!!
Happy Baking

xoxo

No comments: