Wednesday, April 8, 2015

When You're Four

 Despite all my best efforts to keep my children little, they keeping growing.  Stretching every season into  amazing little human beings.  The sweetest little girl in all the world had another birthday this winter.  She loved having a day  just to celebrate her life.
 We had decided to send Mags to preschool this year and at the very last moment I chickened out and kept her at home with me.  I'm so happy that I did.  We spend every morning together talking, playing, shopping.  Most of the time I am forced to play the roll of Anna and I have to call her Elsa at all times.  If I break character even to give instructions, like "Maggie put on your shoes," I am quickly reprimanded.
My Littlest girl is a mysterious creature.  Sometimes I think she holds a special secret all to herself that she's not telling me.  She is caring and kind.  She forgives easily.  She is stubborn sometimes.  She is four.
In my head she is the age and size she was when we moved here.  Some days it catches me off guard an I wonder who the little girl in front of me is because I'm sure there was just a red-headed baby standing there.
I catch myself the night before their birthdays starring at them while they sleep, hoping somehow I can keep them little if I watch them.  It never works.  She keeps growing and loving every minute of it!
So happy birthday to my gorgeous girl, may you ever be the sweetest girl I've known!
Sadly, this post is months and months late...but it doesn't change the fact that I want to remember her birthday:)
Grace and Peace

No comments: