Sunday, December 7, 2014

Weekending

We just had a big weekend of Christmas spirit around here.  We went to a parade, we visited friends, we bought a tree (phew).  I could be wrong, but I think that someone is trying to rob me of my Christmas joy this year.  Every time someone says the word Christmas I feel like I need to blow my referee whistle and hand out sedatives.
I think that there has to be a delicate balance of holiday merriment and maybe you should back off the mistletoe just a bit kids.  On one hand I love all the magic of Christmas, I love the way their eyes dance when they talk about Christmas lights or that one special new toy they hope they will receive.

 On the other hand, it is so easy to lose perspective of the true Joy that Christmas is, especially when you have little people in your life who soak up every bit of the Christmas hoopla.  My darlings are wacky over Christmas.  Pray we can keep it in perspective, while still enjoying the occasional cup of hot chocolate followed by a Christmas movie.  Also, pray that the tree stays standing and the ornaments live to see another year (we are already down by two ).
Amen and Amen.

 Grace and Peace
xoxo

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Who is the guilty party? Cooper getting too inquisitive, Trouble trying to climb the tree or Gus getting too excited?