Monday, December 8, 2014

The Tree Lot

Remember last year when I made us drive almost to North Carolina for a Christmas tree?  I didn't do that this year. Instead, we just went to a local restaurant that has a tree lot outside.  Actually, I think that Kev said  we are not driving to North Carolina for a tree this year. The internet is giving me drama tonight so I'm going to skip lots of words and just give you the play by play..
1.  The girls choosing the tree from upstairs.  They were sure that the twelve footer would suit us fine.
 2.  This one!
 3.  No, this one.
This went on as we past every single tree
 4.  Running #coopercomeback
 5.  More running.  The tree lot could double as a corn maze.
6.  No, this one! Found it. Tall and skinny, like I dream of being one day. ;)
 7.  Cooper come back, I need to see your "we found a tree face"
 8.  This is Maggie's "we found a tree face"
 9.  This is Libby's "we found a tree face"
10.  Girls, we found a tree!
11.  Kev, help me get a picture of all three...please look at Cooper's jeans
 12.  Sometimes I think that Cooper's head is too big for his body because he falls a lot
 13.  He was standing perfectly still and just fell right over
14.  The girls were encouraging him to get up
 15.  He's down again and cracking up about it
16.  C'mon buddy just stay standing for one picture
 17.  He never got up or stood still for a picture.  The wind was cold and so were we, so we came home with the perfect Jones family Christmas tree. It is standing in the living room with multiple broken ornaments on it, but that is story for another day.
Until then,
Grace and Peace

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm surprised you didn't opt for the 12 foot tree! Looks like you had a lot of fun choosing just the right tree for you.

Laura said...

I wish I was there to have coffee and sit by the twinkling lights with you. sigh.

Art Teacher's Mom said...

That must have been a fun afternoon, especially keeping track of Cooper. The pictures made us smile.