Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Florida 2

While I was in Florida I got to visit with my Grams, and my aunt and uncle.  It was such a treat to introduce them to Cooper. 
 They were delighted with each other.
 My Grams amazes me.  She has had a tough year with some health issues, but with some hard work and determination she is back to her old self.  She is going 90 and is laying on the floor playing with Cooper.

 My Grams lives in a magical, over 50, gated community in Florida.
 It is always sunny there and people ride bikes and play shuffle board.  There is also a memorial garden.  Joe Reininger is my grandfather and he is remembered in that garden and in my mind.
 He told great jokes.  My Grams still talks about him.  Her eyes kind of sparkle when she says "Joe used to..."
 I love her.

I hope I'm like her when I'm 89.








2 comments:

Laura said...

I love these pictures. I also love that the neighborhood has the memorial. It is my favorite.

Art Teacher's Mom said...

So happy Mother and Jerri & Chuck were able to meet sweet, adorable Cooper.