Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Update: From The Trenches

 I uploaded these pictures earlier tonight, when I had big ideas for this post.  It is hours later now and I can't remember what I was going to say.
I love these pictures from first thing in the morning.   I love the girls sleepy faces and messy hair.  It is my favorite time of day when everything is fresh and new.
 Today was not a bad day, but I feel like I was holding on by a very thin thread.  I'm glad that bed time is here because I need it.  I think that I can hear my pillow calling my name.
 I've always known that I am more of a summer girl, but my goodness the cold grey of winter tries to pull me down.  I wanted to take the girls outside to play today, but when I saw the temperature was still in the thirties I couldn't bring myself to do it.  We payed for it in the end.  The day was long and the house suffered for it.
I found a rogue slice of cucumber on top of a stack of clothes in my room.  I'll never know how it came to be there.  I laughed when I found it, because who finds a cucumber in there bedroom?
 I think that my darling boy is working on his first teeth.  He is chewing hard on his fist, his toys, raw carrots, anything he can get to his mouth, he is chewing on.  Today the chewing was accompanied by crying, poor fella.  I was forced to cuddle him most of the day, which is fine by me, but can result in vegetables in weird places.
 I told myself I was only going to post one picture of him, but then I realized I have a gabillion fabulous shots that someone needs to see.  This boy...
 I love this boy.  I never knew I would love him like this.  Of course I knew I would love him, but this love I didn't know I had it in me.  I melt.  Like butter on the kitchen counter.
 I let him taste some mashed up food this week.  It's safe to say there is no turning back now.   Squished up bananas and avocado have changed him for the better.  He's been staring at our forks at dinner for weeks.
We'll I'm off to find my Englishman and then my pillow and then the inside of my eyes.
Goodnight world.
And by world, I mean Mom, Dad, and Grandma ;)
xoxo

5 comments:

Art Teacher's Mom said...

Cooper looks so much like his Daddy in a couple of the pictures. The blue eyes indeed would melt anyone's heart. Love seeing new photos.

Art Teacher's Mom said...

BTW...especially love the morning pictures with the rumpled-hair look. :) Sweet! Even Gussie-Boy seems to know when to stop and pose for the camera.

Laura said...

Hey, I read too!!!

Sandra said...

So glad you gave in and gave us more than one picture of Cooper. I love the ones of him wearing the hat.

Lisa said...

I read too! That sunlight poking through is gorgeous!