Monday, December 16, 2013

Closing In

I feel like Christmas is closing in on me.  Like my opportunity to show my gratitude towards others, through the giving of gifts, is about to run out.  That is silly, I can say thank you all year long of course, but some how the commercial side of Christmas makes me feel a lot of unwanted pressure.  I still have gifts I need to buy.  My Christmas cards are not ready, and the ones I did have ready have been unwantingly embellished by a five year old.  'Tis the season.
I really don't think that.
But I really do get caught up in it.
I don't want to.  
I want to go to a cabin in the woods.
My Mom used to always say things like that.
Tonight the girls and I talked about making ornaments for the children in Libby's class.  We started the preparation, hopefully we'll get a chance to finish tomorrow.

I made these ornaments last year and thought they would be easy for us to make together.

Seeing the little baby Jesus must have got them in the Nativity mood.  They have been begging to break  play with my ceramic nativity set.  Libby basically did her own "Cliff Notes" version of Luke 2.  I was pretty impressed since I have been a bit negligent in our Christmas discussions this year, at least with the details.  She was extremely passionate about it all.





 I turned my back for a second to feed the baby and when I came back this is what I found.
 It turns out that in Libby's version of Luke 2 a lady bug, a horse, and elephant, and a pink dolphin were there with the shepherds.
If I can put my mind to it, I'll put together a video of Libby's interpretation, it will make you chuckle.
December 16th, wow!
Grace and Peace

3 comments:

Sandra said...

The good news of the birth of Jesus was meant for everyone so why shouldn't the elephant and pink dolphin be included!
I remember how much they enjoyed playing with your nativity so hope everything survives in one piece for another year.

Dawn said...

So sweet and LOVE the ornaments! Merry Christmas :)

Art Teacher's Mom said...

Stirring...love how all creatures are arranged on the floor. I think Jesus probably smiled.