Friday, November 22, 2013

To See What She Sees

There is a good possibility that you are going to think that you have stumbled upon the exact same post as the previous one I posted weeks ago.  You have not.  This place is just a really great place to take pictures.
We went there again not long ago and because the autumn sun makes everything look so darn pretty, we couldn't help ourselves but snapped picture after picture that looked almost identical to our last walk here.
Liberty Rose wanted little to do with walking close to the family. She ran far and wild away from us most of the time we were here.  She would pop up out of the tall grass only when our words were stern enough to throw out  all three of her names because she was out of eye sight.
To tether her in, we handed her the camera and let her experiment with the buttons for a while.  She took about 1000 pictures of the sky, the golden rode, the cat tails, the water, the sea oats, and here and there she captured one of her family.

She is pistol.  I am not exactly sure what people mean when they say that, but I have heard it said about her.  I think they are right.  She is extremely strong willed.  She knows what she wants, how she wants it, when she wants it and when she doesn't get it, she will talk about it none stop until you find yourself  wishing that you had just given into her desires.
I think about Atticus Finch a lot when I am guiding her.  He said “You never really know a man until you stand in his shoes and walk around in them.”  She's clearly not a man, but I do remind myself to remember what it was like to be in her shoes.  To her anything with glitter,sparkles or rainbows  is better.  Then I sigh, and wish that I could go back and see everything with that kind of magical imagination.
To be honest, I rather like rainbows myself and given the choice would choose glitter every time.
Pretty sure she and I walking in very similar shoes ;)
Grace and Peace
xoxo

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Libby has taken some good photos - looks like she is following in your footsteps and will be taking as many photos as you soon.