Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Everyday in Black and White

Kevin played with the camera the other day and made it take just black and white photos.  I didn't realize it until in a quick photo moment I couldn't figure out how to turn it back to normal.  So these shots are our everyday in black and white.
This is a scary game of "trust Daddy" that they play with Kev.  I know he would never drop them, but it still makes me nervous.  Libby is braver than Maggie.  One, two, three and she soars into his arms.  I think that he made it all the way to ten with Mags and there she stood.  Arms out and grinning trying to find the nerve to jump.
Two weeks ago Libby and I tried out a new church while Kevin stayed home with the little ones.  I found these gems hiding on my memory card from that day.
If you think that Maggie looks sweet, it is because she really is.  She has always been sweet, since the day we met her.  Her baby brother is sweet too, just look at him can't you tell?
Her morning hair is so special.
The itty bitty baby foot is my favorite part of this next picture and the little bit of baby chub that Mags is still hanging on to and that she is reading to him and her curls and the little chair she brought in to sit on.  I have a lot of favorites.  It doesn't take much.
Libby started ballet class at her school.  On this day she wanted a big girl braid in her hair.  Her hair is still so soft that getting a french braid in is challenging.  I managed to pull of a side french braid and when I came to get her it was so disheveled that there was no questioning that she was my child.  The apple doesn't fall far, eh Babette?

This package came from Great Grandad.  Packages in the mail are pretty much the best thing in world at our house.  You would be shocked if you could see how fast they mange to tear through the box.  Paper, cardboard, shrapnel everywhere.
Morning sun always looks so hopeful to me.  You have the whole day ahead.

This is a normal sight for me lately.  After I tuck the girls in this is what I find.  I have been trying to do bed time with the girls for several reasons.
1.  Kev does a better job cleaning the kitchen then I do.
2.  He falls asleep when he reads to them and then doesn't get to our bed until very late
3.  He falls asleep when he reads to them and I think to two little girls who would love to know what is on the next page this is bothersome
4.  I started our first chapter book.  We tried this last winter and I don't think they were quite attentive enough yet.  This time around Libby loves to here about Fern and her baby Wilbur.  Maggie loves Charlotte and believes that all of the spiders we meet are, in fact, her.
That's the end of the black and white from the camera.  Until next time he plays with the buttons and I ahve to remember how to get back to normal.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Dare-devil Libby, cautious but thoughtful Maggie and a sleepy Cooper - I love them all. I also love the mice running around your stairs.

Sandra said...

I probably should have included a reliable but tired Kevin in my list!