Wednesday, August 14, 2013

If Today Was August 11

I missed posting on my birthday because my Littlest was running a temp all day and required a lot of my attention, which I was perfectly happy to give.  The next day I was going to blog and got distracted by something else, and yesterday I had company.
Today the girls and I went to the zoo and are napping now.  By napping I mean not napping at all, but finding reasons to come down the stairs to tell me things.
Anyhow, what I was going to say is that if today was August 11, 1978 you would find my mother in a similar situation that I am in.  Very round and preparing to meet her new baby any moment.  I thought about that a lot on Sunday.  I also thought about how sweet it was that Libby and Maggie both picked out earrings for me from Target that I had to open even before I finished my coffee.  By 8:00 am I thought I had all my presents opened, but my little girls gifted their mama all day long.
Exhibit A
Libby insisted on putting all Cooper's freshly washed clothes away for me.  She even carefully refolded every teeny tiny onsie and sleeper.
 A little bit later, a poorly Maggie, crawled into my lap and fell sound asleep, in the very chair that we spent so many hours together rocking away.  I can't remember the last time she did this.  Even though she didn't feel well, it was still kind of a treat for me.
 Then on our way to a late birthday lunch, Mags let go of my hand so that she could hold hands with her Daddy just like her big sister, and just like that, I felt like I had opened another gift.  So precious to see them all together.

As if Target earrings and gifts too priceless to buy are not enough.  My husband gave me one more gift.  For the last year and half I have been pining the loss of my fancy camera, trying to take pictures equivalent to the pictures it would take with my phone or by a less fancy camera we got before going to England last year...That is until I, or my children, broke that one too.
Monday afternoon, the UPS man, delivered a new fancy camera to my doorstep.  It is so fancy that I almost don't have to do anything to get a lovely picture.  It is so fancy that I was almost afraid to touch it.  I can't wait to take pictures of baby toes and wrinkly newborn skin with it.
Like this
this is my Little...FIVE years ago (almost)
Or this
This my Littlest in all her red head glory

Monday night I took it up to bed time to very carefully practice with it


 This one slipped in somehow from breakfast this morning.  I don't how this happened, I thought I had already cleaned her up once, but she came to find me looking like this.  I guess I didn't put the blueberries away.
The temperature barely made it to the 80's today so I took them  to the zoo.  I imagine that we wont get back there much before the baby comes. 



 I have more pictures of Libby because Maggie was afraid of all the people and hid in the back of the stroller.  Sometimes she is shy, or all the time she is shy.








 They had fun really...but they were cold.  Fortunately, I knew this would happen and had dry clothes for them in the car.
35 bringeth good gifts.  Can't wait for that little late gift our family is going to get next month.  Doctor told me that I only have 9 more centimeters to go.  She told me to get ready, bc once my contractions start, she thinks I'll go quickly...Clearly she hasn't read my chart very well.
Grace and Peace
xoxo

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Great to see the blog back again with lots of lovely pictures of 2 little girls who seem to be growing up so fast!
The zoo trip looked like a lot of fun - I hope the panda enjoyed himself even though he missed out on the water play!

Art Teacher's Mom said...

Agree with Sandra ... great to see the blog is back. Maggie especially looks more mature than just a couple weeks ago, however, it is clear they are both growing up quickly. So glad you had a chance to visit the zoo again.

Art Teacher's Mom said...

By the way, the dresser for Cooper's room looks very nice. I really like the color. Should we re-do the cushions on the glider? Just kidding :) Do you have a picture since Kevin painted the room? Hug Miss Blueberry face for me!

Abigail said...

Three cheers for Fancy Cameras! I loved your other photos, too, but I'm glad you've got a better model now. Thank Kevin from all your readers. :)

Soon enough there will be a new face to capture...hurrah!