Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Reality Check

1. My belly is getting really big really fast, along with the rest of me, which is why I have decided that there will be no more pictures of me on this blog until after the baby arrives.
Except for this one

2.  I wish I edited the trash cans out of that picture.  Something about a big, yellow trash bin that doesn't scream Easter Sunday.  Neither does rain and cold.
3.  This picture is as good as we can get...Kev smiling and me trying to get the girls to look perfect.  Despite popular belief my kids are not perfect :) they take after their mother.  Poor little dears.
Maggie looked a lot like Shirley Temple on Easter Sunday.  I really loved their dresses.  Thank you Gwen Stefani and Target.

4.  True story.  Libby used to clear the book shelf and it would infuriate me.  I don't know why.  I think that it is kind kind of cute when Maggie does it.  I don't know why.  Maybe it is because Maggie actually looks at the books and helps me clean them up.  Libby would just clear the bookshelf and look for something else to destroy.  Also true of this picture is that Maggie is wearing both of her owl shirts at the same time.  She asks to wear her owl shirts everyday.
5.  I really want her to stop growing up.  How can I stop this from happening?  I don't mean that.  Wait, I really do.  She is just so great at being little and imaginative and I don't ever want it to stop.  Her life is a fairy tale and I dread to think of the day when she realizes that sometimes life is harder than a fairy tale. I still remember the day it happened to me.  
 
6.  The temperature hasn't reach 60 this week but it has been sunny which makes for perfect play outside weather.   These pics are from last week and if you peer out of the window you can see the icy mix that drove us in doors.  Really they were soaking my kitchen, but they thought they were washing their princesses.

7.  We made Resurrection gardens last week during school hours (and during a snow day).  We used succulent plants because I thought they would be easier to keep alive.  They were a great way to give the girls some symbols to help them remember why we celebrate Easter Sunday.


 On a side note Libby wore this sparkly, rainbow horse shirt for 4 days strait before I finally wrestled her out of it to wash it.  I totally get it...rainbows, sparkles and a horse.  Does life get any better?
 8.  I love a good Easter egg hunt.  It reminds me of Steel Magnolias.  I love that movie.  I have seen it tons of times and I still cry every time when Shelby's little boy runs to his Grandma.  I would love to be Truvy's friend or to have that true southern charm like M'Lynn.



 Hey girls!  Look at Mommy!  Seriously, both of you, at the same time, smiling, just once!
 I'm pretty excited about all the candy that they ate this weekend and that there is still a ton of it left in my house.
9.  Speaking of Steel, Kev got a new job with them, except it is spelled Stihl, and it means we will be moving, again.  If you know our story, you would know that 9 years ago I moved from Mississippi to Florida, and that 8 years ago Kev moved from England to be with me in Florida, and 3 years later we left Florida for Virginia.  We have lived near Richmond for almost five years now.  Just about two years ago we became home owners in a home that I thought would be home for a long time.  This will be our 5th move in 8 years.  While I will miss this house and watching my little fairies flit through the back yard with the sunshine kissing their faces I know that it will be okay.  The reason I love this house are the people that live in it right now.


 I will love the next house because they will be there with me plus one more...but we sure will miss our friends.
Have I ever mentioned that sometimes I don't know what to do with Maggie's hair



Virginia Beach here we come!

I think that covers it all.
No sense to this post.  Its purpose was to unload all the pictures from my camera and check off "write a blog post" from my to do list...which as you know I don't actually have.
I hope you are well.  I hope that someone still reads this old neglected mish-mash.
Grace and Peace friends.
xoxo

5 comments:

TeamWhitehead06 said...

Holy Smokes!
Congrats on the baby-ness!
Congrats on the move! We feel ya, we've moved 11 times since we got married only 6 years ago! Make that 12 we just bought a house down here and we are spending our 3rd night in it now!

I totally forgot about blogs- so it was nice to do some back stalking, I mean reading!

I hope that you are well!
Later!
Nikki

Sandra said...

I'm still checking every day for a new blog so feel very spoilt with all these pictures.
The Easter family picture is equally as good as the Christmas ones we tried to get but I do love the girls in those Easter outfits. I also think Libby has every right to look so pleased with her Easter Garden.
Washing Princesses was obviously a lot of fun, and probably a lot of clearing up afterwards. Maggie probably tried to help even if Libby didn't!

Art Teacher's Mom said...

Your Dad and I look for a new blog every day as does Sandra. It's like a vitamin for us even though we just saw the girls over the weekend. Pictures of the girls and your blog renew us...I know it takes a lot of time, but is thoroughly enjoyed by the readers. Libby did a great job on her garden...and I love Maggie's crazy, beautiful hair. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your mish-mash :)

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hey Sister...love all the pics and seeing your little girls. A bonus is when we get to see one of you w/ Tiny Jones :)... I think you look beautiful and love seeing the baby belly. So for me please post more pics of you when you can! Thanks. Love you.