Saturday, March 2, 2013

All My Bags Are Packed


My suitcase is filled with clothes that are bright and colorful and scream that I am leaving this cold, grey town for sunny skies and time with my most kindred of kindred spirits.
While the spirits that I leave behind twirl on tip toes and baby legs and ask me to stay, I tell them I'll be home soon.  Then I whisper in their ears how much I love them, and that they are my favorite Libby and Maggie in the whole world.  Then I kiss them an excessive amount because once I start it is nearly impossible to stop.
I never knew how motherhood would change me.
 It would seem motherhood is all set to change me again.  A strange 12 weeks of something I didn't expect kept me from telling our little secret. Every time I've told a new person that "yes, it is true," slight anxiety and fear has rolled over me, hurling questions through my head that maybe perhaps it is not true and I  dreamed the whole thing up.
 Yesterday, I had a glimpse of him (I say him bc for now all signs point towards a him, though we don't officially know that it is "him" just yet)  and all the anxiety and fear melted away while I watched our new baby turn and roll and move inside of me in a way that was overwhelming.
I always have a bit of anxiety until I have them safe in my arms, but the initial 12 weeks of holding my breath is passed.  He is healthy right now and so amazing.
 This is news came as quite a shock to both of us.  Baby number three is not something we planned on, but there he is, picture after picture of a small person that is meant to be a part us.
Part of changing these two to a three.
Part of changing me again into the person I was always meant to be.
Part of teaching us to love just a little bit more.
That part we are ready for...We can't wait to love the Tiniest Jones.
Surprise!
I can almost picture his face, and it is beautiful.
Grace and Peace

(ps for the record, if this sweet surprise turns out to be another girl we will be equally excited bc we do baby girl very well, and think of the money we will save on baby clothes;)

5 comments:

Abigail said...

Hurrah! So happy for you and confident that the Father who's shaping your boy (girl?) so tenderly will pour out enough grace for three Littles. What a wonderful surprise-- the best!

Congratulations to you all!

Kim said...

Yah! I think you're having a boy too ; ) Enjoy your time in the sun!

Art Teacher said...

Abigail, thank you for always having a good word that makes me smile....your comments are an encouragement to me!

Kim, Iwill have to share my ultra sound pictures with you and you can tell me what you think;)

Anonymous said...

Awesome Carly! Congratulations! I am so happy and excited for you and Kevin! We need to get together sometime, I would love to see you!
Joan S

Dawn said...

Congratulations to you and your family, Carly...God bless :)