Saturday, December 1, 2012

It's Time

The time in which I make up for a year of lazy posting and post for 25 days straight.
Wait for it....
The Making Art Again Christmas Countdown!!!!

 I can almost hear the cheers of all my readers from here, and by all my readers I mean my mom and mother-in-law.  Now, let me be honest, my original idea for this year was to create a list of 25 things that the girls and I could do to give back to those around us.  I thought in doing so we could focus on the real meaning of Christmas and not get caught up in all the hoopla.

  I made a list and afterwards I was exhausted.  After I took a nap, I altered the list to some fun things that we can do together that won't require me to be wonder woman.  For example, our job today was to smile all day and to remember to say please and thank you...and we did.
Truthfully, I kind of love some of the hoopla that comes along with the Christmas season, like the increased desire I have to drink hot chocolate, and Bing Crosby singing "White Christmas," and yes, I really like Santa Clause.

I am seeing that the real meaning of Christmas is an open conversation in our house...in fact I think that we talk about it everyday.  I am hoping that our Advent Do Good List, which for the record is a terrible name, will lead to conversations that point to the Reason why there is any good in this world.
Hello December, we welcome you warmly into our life again with open arms!
Grace and Peace




1 comment:

Art Teacher's Mom said...

At first I thought you had put up new curtains and then I realized the girls were decorating my tree. :) They did a beautiful job! I love the pictures.