Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gratitude


I was scrubbing my bathroom sinks this morning, while my family waited at the bottom of the stairs patiently for me so that we could leave for our Thanksgiving travels.... I chuckled to myself because that is exactly what my mom used to do before we would leave for family trips when I was little.  I am thankful for my mom and thankful that she taught me that it is better to come home to a clean sink then a dirty one.

I am thankful that even now, well into our thirties, my sister is still my best friend, still my wisest council, and still calls to say that she loves me.

I am thankful that my dad is proud of me and that he always runs to the store to  pick  up that one more thing that you need.
I am thankful for my mother-in-law's ability to fold the tidiest stack of laundry I have ever seen and that she is willing to do it for me. I am thankful that she is here with us.

I am thankful for my Maggie Bell. I am thankful for the way her smile lights up the room, for the way she loves to be held, and for the way all of her "s"and "z" sounds have a little lisp.


I am thankful for Libby.  For all her spirit and whimsy and for the way she dancces into a room on her tiptoes.  I am thankful for her passion for life.

I am thankful for Kevin Jones.  He is a hard worker.  He has an adventurous spirit.  He looks right at me when I talk to him.  He is my love.

My heart is full of thanksgiving today. 

To many things to mention in words....
Happy Thanksgiving
Grace and Peace
 xoxo

1 comment:

Art Teacher's Mom said...

Beautiful photos and very nicely stated!...In all things give thanks!